Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa relegation watch

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never had any particularly strong feelings towards Aston Villa either way, but in looking at the Premier League table I'm not unhappy to see them languishing 11 points (plus a horrendous goal difference deficit) away from safety.

Surely they can't survive from here.

Next up for them is a crunch visit to Sunderland. Come on the Mackems!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yep - I think they have almost thrown in the towel themselves.

Shame personally - I like Villa.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought this was yet another plug for Amazon,a Relegation Watch, complete with countdown to the end of the season could be viewed as an opportunity too good to miss.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Really struggle to see how they can turn it round. Defeat to Sunderland and they will be needing miracles,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought this was yet another plug for Amazon,a Relegation Watch, complete with countdown to the end of the season could be viewed as an opportunity too good to miss.

Don't be ridiculous. Such a thing doesn't exist.

However, if you search Amazon for 'relegation watch' you are taken to a documentary called: QPR: The Four Year Plan

You can watch it here, via NSC's affiliated link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...=B00JQF38RM&linkCode=as2&tag=northstandcha-21

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
8 points is pretty rubbish at this stage. They are the sort ot team you can't really take a disliking too and would like them to stay up so we can play them next season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Heard an interview with Micah Richards on the radio not long after Rémi Garde came in.

It was surprisingly honest as instead of the usual trotting out of cliches, he basically said the players they have there aren't really good enough to get them out of trouble. He was particularly scathing about losing Delph and Benteke.

Might not have endeared him to a lot of his team mates, and I'm not sure how well he's been playing himself, but the interview was quite refreshing in it's honesty I must admit.

Personally I've always quite liked Villa. Proper club with a proper ground and oozing history.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Heard an interview with Micah Richards on the radio not long after Rémi Garde came in.

It was surprisingly honest as instead of the usual trotting out of cliches, he basically said the players they have there aren't really good enough to get them out of trouble. He was particularly scathing about losing Delph and Benteke.

Might not have endeared him to a lot of his team mates, and I'm not sure how well he's been playing himself, but the interview was quite refreshing in it's honesty I must admit.

Personally I've always quite liked Villa. Proper club with a proper ground and oozing history.

Christian Benteke the Liverpool player?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I quite like Villa too - went to college near Brum and used to watch them a lot at that time - but there is something of the schadenfraude about watching a 'big' team struggle so spectacularly. Doubt they'll match the horrendous Derby Premiership team of whatever season that was (2008/9?) but they are definitely toast - would be amazing if we could swap places with them.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Prince William will not be happy about this