Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did my eyes just deceive me or.................

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Did I just see an advert at the top of the big board asking me to join Palace??????

I tried to screen grab it but it refreshed before I realised what had happened. I feel violated.

Wtf!!!!!??????

What's all that about?????
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] get on this sharpish!!! Don't need none of that going on. I feel the need to wash my phone screen now. Eurgh.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Too much booze over the hols!

Haha.

I have had quite a bit but been dry the last 2 days in readiness for tomorrow's match.

I feel a massive gout attack is nearing and I REALLY don't want one.

But I swear to God I saw it. Please tell me someone has seen one!??.....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did I just see an advert at the top of the big board asking me to join Palace??????

I tried to screen grab it but it refreshed before I realised what had happened. I feel violated.

Wtf!!!!!??????

What's all that about?????

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] get on this sharpish!!! Don't need none of that going on. I feel the need to wash my phone screen now. Eurgh.

I'm glad someone else has raised this. I could have sworn I saw the same ad a couple of days ago!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm glad someone else has raised this. I could have sworn I saw the same ad a couple of days ago!

Thank **** for that. I'm not mental then.

Trouble is now I'm constantly looking for it again to screen grab it. How on earth did that get in there?

I can hand on heart say I've never been onto any site that involves them. Ever. Ever ever. So this basing these ads on browsing history must be bull as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thank **** for that. I'm not mental then.

Trouble is now I'm constantly looking for it again to screen grab it. How on earth did that get in there?

I can hand on heart say I've never been onto any site that involves them. Ever. Ever ever. So this basing these ads on browsing history must be bull as well.

I did the same, constantly refreshing to see if popped up again so I could screen shot it, but it never came back. I had googled Palace shortly before it appeared for something but didn't go on any sites.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It's not bull - it's absolutely not. But targeting users like that doesn't account for 100% of ads you see. There are many other factors as well.

Anyway, yes, it looks like some cpfc.co.uk ads have been served on NSC recently. They are now blocked.

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 21.18.48.png

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Indirectly, yep. They'll pay Google and Google will pay us some of that. I'm sure we'll get by without their contribution.

Probably a penny out of each pound

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's not bull - it's absolutely not. But targeting users like that doesn't account for 100% of ads you see. There are many other factors as well.

Anyway, yes, it looks like some cpfc.co.uk ads have been served on NSC recently. They are now blocked.

View attachment 71053

Spoilsport.

As a regular on NSC, I feel my little contribution will make up any shortfall in the loss of revenue :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spoilsport.

As a regular on NSC, I feel my little contribution will make up any shortfall in the loss of revenue :)

The thing is - Palace fans visiting NSC would probably have been the ones seeing these adverts most of the time. Thanks for your help though...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here