Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London mainline trains

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone attempted to use the service since Xmas Eve? Need to get to London after the game NYD and not sure whether to use the rail replacement between Three Bridges & East Grinstead or the slow train up through Sutton.

Is the rail replacement direct or are there stops in between and has it pretty much run on time ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Used it yesterday: train I went for was cancelled but apart from that, everything went to plan. The slow train via Sutton was slightly faster as we waited nearly 15 minutes to leave Three Bridges - both journeys took longer than expected though (but that was thanks to cancelled trains, the trains I caught ran on time)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I got it up to Brentford, was pretty smooth to be fair. No stops between 3B and EG, probably took about 15mins as it's not that far.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks both. As long as i get away a bit early after the game sounds like it will be OK

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
According to the national rail site the only way I can make my connection at Clapham Junction tomorrow is to be on the train out of Falmer at 21.38, then I don't get home until 00.30. Any later it's 05.30 so drive to Lewes it's got to be.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
According to the national rail site the only way I can make my connection at Clapham Junction tomorrow is to be on the train out of Falmer at 21.38, then I don't get home until 00.30. Any later it's 05.30 so drive to Lewes it's got to be.

Don't suppose you fancy giving me a lift down and back?! I can't get back on the trains and don't have a car.

Train/bus route gets me back to Victoria at 00.30 by which point I can't get north to Harrow. Sad face.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, when the Doctors of Madness sang "Mainline trains can never find drivers to run a service out to here" - they were being very prescient :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here