Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ally Pally

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son is at the darts at Ally Pally he just phoned my wife and in conversation said a portion of chips is £8 and cheesy chips £10 and we complain about The Amex and Sondexo.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It goes with the territory at big events, can't see it changing but there is a choice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How much is the beer ?

He didnt say but as it his night out with his mate that wont matter. It was his mates christmas present from his wife for him and my son to go. I am really out of these type of events cos at £115 each for a ticket I wouldnt pay it to see 3 darts matches of best of 7 sets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Charging those kind of prices I bet the Alexandra Palace wish they had a captive audience who all happen to be so incoherently w*****ed they'll pay anything for cheezy chips.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He didnt say but as it his night out with his mate that wont matter. It was his mates christmas present from his wife for him and my son to go. I am really out of these type of events cos at £115 each for a ticket I wouldnt pay it to see 3 darts matches of best of 7 sets.

Been to the Sky Premier League, that's an ok night out for about £25 I think. £115 is OTT for me but they don't have any trouble selling out very quickly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst I normally agree with your posts, I think it may be too much to expect to find cut price catering deals inside an entertainment venue. Rather similar would be to expect to hear the new Killing Joke cd showcased in Burger King.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suppose it is a case of supply and demand but I would have thought, perhaps wrongly, had the burger chips etc been around the same price as football grounds in general they would have sold much more at less mark up but returned more actual cash turnover

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Just don't go. The prices will then fall accordingly but, those that have money or no responsibilities cough up and the prices remain high.

Edit: I want to add no common sense either!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whilst I normally agree with your posts, I think it may be too much to expect to find cut price catering deals inside an entertainment venue. Rather similar would be to expect to hear the new Killing Joke cd showcased in Burger King.

Well yes, but there is expensive, and there is taking the p*ss, and tell me, £115 to watch DARTS????

Then again, perhaps l'm just horribly out of touch.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I suppose it is a case of supply and demand but I would have thought, perhaps wrongly, had the burger chips etc been around the same price as football grounds in general they would have sold much more at less mark up but returned more actual cash turnover

Turnover is not the end goal, profit is, and rightly so. Still too bloody expensive mind!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well yes, but there is expensive, and there is taking the p*ss, and tell me, £115 to watch DARTS????

Then again, perhaps l'm just horribly out of touch.

Being horribly out of touch is par for the course. Ten years ago my students had never heard of League of Gentlemen, because they are soppy middle class twits with low level Daily Mail tastes (I exaggerate somewhat, but you get the gist). These days my students have never heard of League of Gentlemen because it is Old Fashioned shite that their parents like. If Papa Lazaru were alive today, he'd turn in his grave. :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
captive audience aka by the "short 'n' curlies"

A result of a capitalist market in a land of opportunity.

Simple answer, get into catering and set yourself up with a stall = shoe on the other foot.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Had a cracking Scotch Egg, followed by Sausage and Mash at a pub just down the road from Ally Pally last time I was there (its name escapes me). The 2 courses came to a tenner, then didnt have to eat in the venue which was a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here