Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Patrick Bamford cancels Palace loan...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Came on at half-time for Palace and announced he was heading back to Chelsea at the end of the game.

Boro bound again?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Boro will be all over that, surely. Strengthen from a position of...er...strength. Presumably he'd be keen, given his success last time round.

Shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's no Matt Derbyshire, so for that reason, I'm out.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
He might be alright in the Championship, but he's not a PL player. He missed a couple of absolute sitters today.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He might be alright in the Championship, but he's not a PL player. He missed a couple of absolute sitters today.

A sitter is a sitter no matter which division you are in. He may not be a Premier League player - but lack of regular game time/confidence more likely to be the issue for missing sitters today, surely?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Spent too much time in Connor Wickham's company?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or Dwight Gayle's?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The only thing we lack is a decent striker. As someone else wrote about Bamford, Tom Once with a Nickey Clarke hairdo

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Or Dwight Gayle's?

Dwight Gayle is an outstanding finisher. There are areas in his game that need development, but he's one of the best finishers in the Premier League.

Bamford is not only unable to finish, he's also seemingly unable to actually run around a bit or generally give a f*ck. He has been lazy and stroppy since he joined and I'm very glad we don't have to pay his wages after January.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dwight Gayle is an outstanding finisher. There are areas in his game that need development, but he's one of the best finishers in the Premier League.

I know you want him to do well, but I think that's stretching it just a tad, in a league featuring Vardy, Mahrez, Kane, Ighalo, Lukaku, Sturridge, Aguero (when fit), etc etc :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Think he's off to champions elect Boro.
Poor show today, didn't seemed interested, and proved the saying " white men can't jump "
Agree Gayle is a natural finisher, but lacks an all round game at this level.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know you want him to do well, but I think that's stretching it just a tad, in a league featuring Vardy, Mahrez, Kane, Ighalo, Lukaku, Sturridge, Aguero (when fit), etc etc :)

Of course not. Gayle is quite clearly one of the best 100 finishers in the premier league.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Of course not. Gayle is quite clearly one of the best 100 finishers in the premier league.

Yes, Bamford is leaving us bereft in 5th place in the top flight as we go into the new year, how will we cope?

Maybe those ever-sharp BHA fans should concentrate on you slipping quietly to your death in the promotion race. Come on the tractor boys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here