Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel advice please.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Hi all. Taking my father in law to the Amex for his xmas present, which will also be my first visit. Could someone please confirm where the free rail travel starts if travelling from Littlehampton. The club's YouTube travel video shows Shoreham as the first free travel point but the written travel guide shows Worthing as the first point. Which is it please? Are there any other travel tips for train travel? Many thanks.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Yes you only pay to/from Worthing.
I make a similar journey so a couple of tips. Don't expect the 18.22 from Littlehampton to get you to Falmer at 19.19 as per timetable. It won't due to the queuing at Brighton (and with a lot of Ipswich support expected there will be more pressure on the Brighton-Falmer leg). The 17.52 really is the latest train you can expect to get you there in time for kick off, particularly as it's your first time and you will be getting your bearings and because of the added security checks since'Paris'. If you are picking up tickets at the ground that too takes a little bit more time. For a much more comfortable journey and time for a stroll around the stadium, shop and a leisurely pint get the train before the 17.52 if you are able too. Getting on the front coach saves the walk along the platform against the commuter passengers going home at Brighton. Then you have to go out of the station and turn left to make your way to the queuing system at platforms 7&8. Get the earlier train and you might not see a queue.
Good tip given earlier re having a pint after the game.
Enjoy the game.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Yes you only pay to/from Worthing.
I make a similar journey so a couple of tips. Don't expect the 18.22 from Littlehampton to get you to Falmer at 19.19 as per timetable. It won't due to the queuing at Brighton (and with a lot of Ipswich support expected there will be more pressure on the Brighton-Falmer leg). The 17.52 really is the latest train you can expect to get you there in time for kick off, particularly as it's your first time and you will be getting your bearings and because of the added security checks since'Paris'. If you are picking up tickets at the ground that too takes a little bit more time. For a much more comfortable journey and time for a stroll around the stadium, shop and a leisurely pint get the train before the 17.52 if you are able too. Getting on the front coach saves the walk along the platform against the commuter passengers going home at Brighton. Then you have to go out of the station and turn left to make your way to the queuing system at platforms 7&8. Get the earlier train and you might not see a queue.
Good tip given earlier re having a pint after the game.
Enjoy the game.

Thank you for taking the time to give me such detailed info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here