Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meadowlark Lemon RIP

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
As you say, great entertainer and another great name gone from my yoof.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sad news indeed.. I was mesmerised by the dribbling ball skills of the Harlem Globetrotters ..like watching the finest football team run and pass ,leaving defenders in their wake.....sheer poetry in motion. Lemon was the catalyst ,the star, the guv'nor. He will not be forgotten

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sad indeed. The Harlem Globetrotters mesmerising and magical to watch when I was a youngster.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
1228-meadowlark-lemon06-480w.jpg
Meadowlark%20Lemonx-inset-community.jpg

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Sad news. Used to love watching the Globetrotters. Pure entertainment.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Great entertainment for all the family. Went to see them at Wembley in the 70's the two stand outs were Meadowlark and Curly.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They were an integral part of my childhood. RIP Meadowlark.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Great entertainment for all the family. Went to see them at Wembley in the 70's the two stand outs were Meadowlark and Curly.

I saw them at the Brighton Centre and sat reasonably close to their bench. It was fascinating to listen to the choreography going on. The trainer would call out...' tres and ticks ' and ' deuce and ticks ' and these were cues for new routines. The exploding ball, the buckets of water, Curly dribbling ( boy was he good! ) and of course, the great Meadowlark Lemon, who everyone went to see and who never failed to entertain.
Even though they were in their later years, it was something I will never forget.
RIP.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Also saw them at the Brighton centre and got his autograph came across as a real nice guy. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here