Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Ipswich ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
CH backed into a corner here. Not a lot of options so expecting just that one change of Goldson in for an injured Greer.
and i'm assuming Wilson to keep his place as he will recover if it was just a case of being under the weather on Saturday.
As for bench then if Dallison is match fit enough (he played for u21s last week) then is he going to have a rare place in 18 as our only CB cover left. (Rea not back until Jan 2nd and Uwe, Greer both injured).

Team:
Stockdale
Bruno, Goldson, Dunk, Calde
Murphy, Stephens Kayal, Van La Parra
Hemed, Wilson

Subs: Maenpaa, Chicksen, Dallison, Ince, Crofts, Manu, Zamora.

Wildcards: Baldock and Lua Lua apparently in training. So perhaps we'll have a surprise. Jack Harper scored 2 in reserves last week. Perhaps a debut in FA Cup. Towell can't be registered until window opens.

On way out in window ? Poor old Holla and JFC seemingly forever on sidelines.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hughton doesn't seem to like to change the starting line up too much, so I expect your starting 11 is right. There's a chance Zamora will start in place of Hemed, I suppose. But I would expect Holla or JFC to join the bench ahead of Dallison.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hughton doesn't seem to like to change the starting line up too much, so I expect your starting 11 is right. There's a chance Zamora will start in place of Hemed, I suppose. But I would expect Holla or JFC to join the bench ahead of Dallison.

Yeh I'd agree. This is what I think CH will do rather than what I'd want him to do mind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Barring any (further and, as yet, unpublicised) injuries, the only thing to look out for is whether he goes for Zamora or Hemed. I'm hoping the former.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calderon

Murphy
Kayal
Stephens
Van La Parra

Hemed
Wilson

Subs : Maenpaa, Chicksen, Ince, Crofts, JFC, Elvis, Zamora

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I would also like to see Zamora start. He started 3 games in a row last month and scored in all of them so I'm surprised he hasn't started since. I guess the 90 minutes against Charlton took a lot out of him?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
id imagine it'll be the same line up as Boxing Day with Zamora starting over Hemed. Personally I'd like to see Murphy dropped to the bench as he's been pretty poor as of late, and I know I'll get panned for this but I'd like Elvis to get a go from the off. Lua lua caused them problems at their place with his pace so why not see what the king can do.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I would also would like to give Manu a start......On the wing.......people tell me that he does not cover back,he is always offside and a bit of a sulker.....He looks knacked after 20 minutes and is a bit of a show boater !....But he does have pace,his time has come,play him !!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not the team to start against Ipswich but rather our 1st choice 11 come the end of January when we'll be top again!

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Ridgewell

Lua Lua
Kayal
Stephens
Van La Parra

Zamora
Calleri

#bankholidaydrinking #noworktomorrow

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I would also would like to give Manu a start......On the wing.......people tell me that he does not cover back,he is always offside and a bit of a sulker.....He looks knacked after 20 minutes and is a bit of a show boater !....But he does have pace,his time has come,play him !!!

Agree. If anything it'll show Murphy that he actually has competition for his place- he's currently playing well below what he's capable of.

I'm dreaming of a surprise Lua Lua recall. Not gonna happen I know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not the team to start against Ipswich but rather our 1st choice 11 come the end of January when we'll be top again!

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Ridgewell

Lua Lua
Kayal
Stephens
Van La Parra

Zamora
Calleri

#bankholidaydrinking #noworktomorrow

I'd start with Wilson and Calleri, BZ as supersub [emoji3]

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I'd go for 4-5-1, provide cover for LD and Goldson
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Chicksen
RVLP Kayal Crofts Stephens Murphy
Wilson
Subs: Anyone not walking on crutches or with a zimmer...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's because it's our strongest side bar a Zamora 30 mins....Look at the bench and you'll see why he has very little choice.:glare:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Against Ipswich in August we had Bong, Uwe, Rosenior, Lua Lua and Baldock in the starting 11 so 5 enforced injury changes from then.
March was on the bench.

Team v Ipswich , August 29th
13 Stockdale
02 Bruno
03 Greer
04 Hünemeier Booked (Dunk - 45' )
12 Bong Booked
23 Rosenior
07 Kayal
06 Stephens
30 Lua Lua Booked
10 Hemed (Zamora - 78' )
09 Baldock (Ince - 83' )

Substitutes

01 Mäenpää
05 Dunk
15 Murphy
18 Forster-Caskey
20 March
24 Ince
25 Zamora

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
--------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ---- Goldson ---- Dunk ---- Chicksen
Van La Parra - Kayal - Stephens - Murphy
----------- Zamora ------- Wilson ---------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Ince, Crofts, JFC, Manu, Hemed

Calde needs a rest, Hemed needs to react well to not starting and come off the bench and shine, Zamora needs a start. Murphy needs a break too, but that's just not an option. With VLP's absence against Wolves, we might need to play 4-5-1, with either:
-- Calde right midfield, Chicksen at left-back and Crofts in the centre, or
-- JFC playing wide (left?) midfield

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here