Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford report

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If good King Wenceslas had looked out over Griffin Park on this particular feast of Stephen, he’d have observed that the defending was deep, the passing not terribly crisp, but the result was, most importantly, even.

Read it. Or don't. You know the drill >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?586-Brentford-0-0-Albion-26-12-2015

Bruno Brentford.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Interesting that the picture shows two of the four best players on the pitch. Stockdale and Bruno for us, Judge and Swift for them. Put those two in any Championship side and they would improve it. Judge works his socks off...Mr Perpetual Motion....buzzing about creating trouble. Swift oozes class, silky on the ball and reminding me of Teddy Sherringham. He was given too much space in the first half and was a real handful.
Brentford are a good side and could be fringe play-offs. It was a benchmark result, getting a draw against an in-form team, when we were below par. The team spirit is tremendous this season and we now need this to grind out results before key players are back.
Good report...pretty much summed up the day for me. Inept first half...plenty of foul language or stunned silence from my area of the terraces...improved display for first 25-30 mins of second half....could we nick it?....no, we didn't do enough....Stockdale maintained his form and the save from the header was top draw.
The whole experience was like a 70's throwback. Small, tight ground, surrounded by houses, terracing, narrow gangways, struggles to get anywhere near the loos and refreshments, proximity of bodies, players close, tight playing area. Makes a change, once in a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here