Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winger desperate to stay at Albion after Wolves snub [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Rajiv*van La Parra is desperate to stay with Albion after an extraordinary snub by parent club Wolves.
The Dutch winger claims Wanderers have not been in contact with him since his move to the Amex.
Van La Parra made his fifth appearance for the Seagulls in the 0-0 draw at Brentford after joining them at the end of November.
His loan effectively ends at home to Ipswich tomorrow night, as he cannot play when Wolves visit on Friday.
Van La Parra revealed to The Argus: “If a team send a player on loan I think they have to keep an eye on him, keep contact to ask how it is and how you are getting on.
“I was expecting some contact but nobody contacted me. It says enough for my situation there and how the people think about me, maybe, because I think it’s a normal thing to make contact with a player on loan when he is still under contract with you.”
Two-goal van La Parra wants to be a permanent replacement for Solly March, ruled out of Albion’s promotion push for the rest of the season by knee ligament damage, following the signing by Wolves of Poland international winger Michal Zyro from Legia Warsaw for £350,000.
“I have seen that,” van La Parra said. “I hope he is a good player and he can help the team. Maybe it makes things easier for me to stay.
“If it’s an option I would love to stay here. I’m very happy with the team. They look after me and the gaffer as well. I’m in a good place.
“Of course I think I can be the winger for Brighton but it’s not only my decision. I have to wait for the club and Wolves as well, if they get an agreement that I can stay.
“I have a contract at Wolves but I prefer to stay, because I play games here and get confidence. Why would I go back to a place where I wasn’t playing?”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The biggest issue here short term is who plays on the wing against Wolves? Is it Murphy and Manu? Doesn't fill be with confidence to be honest. Maybe a change in formation to 4-3-3 and play Wilson - Zamora/Hemed - Murphy. Can Wilson play the wide role? Seen no real evidence that he can just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here