Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Cardiff Away likely to be moved?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Visiting my Daughters and taking in the game. As I will be booking hotel and restaurants soon is this game likely to be moved to Friday or an earlier KO. With what looks like two games already live in February, is this a safe date?
Sky live does not show February yet.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That is an FA Cup weekend, so if we or Cardiff win our 3rd and 4th round fixtures, we will have a cup game that weekend.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sky have announced February games, and ours is not selected, so it won't be moved for Sky. However, that is an FA Cup weekend, so if we or Cardiff win our 3rd round fixtures, we will have a cup game that weekend.

It's 5th round day.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Get a room you can cancel. Costs a bit more but gives you options. You haven't been charged for this advice

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not being an away fan, I now appreciate what you go through planning away games in advance. On paper this looked a good idea to take in Cardiff, weekend with kids and Bristol on the way back. Travel Lodge is cheap at the moment.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not being an away fan, I now appreciate what you go through planning away games in advance. On paper this looked a good idea to take in Cardiff, weekend with kids and Bristol on the way back. Travel Lodge is cheap at the moment.

I've booked rooms with Travelodge at the cheapest rate and cancelled them, despite it saying they are non-refundable.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suppose, if it's FA cup weekend, most of the Prem teams will be involved in cup games so sky will have more room for football league games, increasing the chance of our match being moved if we or cardiff are not in the 5th round of the cup.

But, if you have family, why not make it a holiday to see them that you go on regardless of the football? When the weekend arrives, either pay on the gate or buy a ticket in the week or so before (when we'll know for sure if that game is going ahead) as a bonus to the trip.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Yeah but the only slight problem with that is that Travelodge is absolutely sh**e.
Holiday Inn Cardiff is city centre and twenty minutes walk to the Cardiff City Stadium

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I say leave it in Wales.

Begging the question:-

Is Wales likely to be moved?

A) Ideally yes, as far away as freakin possible.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It's pencilled in for me but I have friends in Cardiff so would travel down Friday and come back Sunday.

I like Cardiff as a city to visit. Never been there for football though.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But, if you have family, why not make it a holiday to see them that you go on regardless of the football? When the weekend arrives, either pay on the gate or buy a ticket in the week or so before (when we'll know for sure if that game is going ahead) as a bonus to the trip.
Two Daughters there who will also need to take time off work so need as much notice as I can.

Yeah but the only slight problem with that is that Travelodge is absolutely sh**e.
Holiday Inn Cardiff is city centre and twenty minutes walk to the Cardiff City Stadium
Will look it up. Kids live just outside of town so a particular Lodge is closest to them.
EDIT. Looked at Holiday Inn and £70 night plus £10 parking. Expensive.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It's pencilled in for me but I have friends in Cardiff so would travel down Friday and come back Sunday.

I like Cardiff as a city to visit. Never been there for football though.

Yep, lovely city for a visit. [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] & I went down there early for last season's game & had a marvellous day sampling many fine pubs around the city centre. This season will be the first time in ages we've actually played there on a Saturday. Well, so long as SkySports don't screw that one up too.

Bristol is also a thoroughly good location for an away day, for similar reasons. I endured a shocking hangover as a result the last time we played there (or, on reflection, it may have been the after effects of one of the most dismal 0-0 draws I've ever seen). Marvellous times.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I booked trains to Preston for the match in March and also worried that will be moved! Thinks its going to be the same for every match now until end of season,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here