Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Harmless and entertaining. I once blocked BG and soon realised NSC was a poorer place without his posts. I lock horns sometimes but resent the suggestion it's bullying. He stands his ground when he believes in something and gives as good as he gets on the whole.
In fact because of the way I read NSC I often find I've replied to his posts without realising they are his

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Didn't realise this was a bounce when I opened the latest post. I was just checking he was ok. But since blocking BG a few months ago, my enjoyment of NSC has risen massively. Harmless and entertaining he may be to some, but I just can't stand his posts, opinions, thought processes or whatever you like to call them. Having risen to a couple of his comments before blocking him, I realised it was best to leave him in his own world otherwise I might be accused of bullying, not having a sense of humour, not letting others express their opinions etc. I'm not like that and I'm not letting him make me appear that way. NSC has now returned to the forum I know and love as a result.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Boils my piss then out of the blue cracks me up so not unlike life itself and as he has been assigned his own thread it would suggest he would missed if he didn’t post :)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not always bullying, he writes some 'controversial' things, gets called out like anyone else would. But unlike anyone else he JUST.KEEPS.GOING.

I remember that and it was pretty despicable.

My point is that he is often the target for many on here and doesn't always deserve it.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fact of "online life" I'm afraid. Some people who have to do star jumps in the shower to get wet act like Arnold Shwarzenegger when they sit in front of their PC.

I've always said there should be a function where you can press a button on your own keyboard then a fist pops out of their screen and clumps them in the snotter.

Hey that is a brilliant idea. This week I heard of an 11 year old kid near me who was bullied online to such an extent he killed himself. Is that how life is these days?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My point is that he is often the target for many on here and doesn't always deserve it.
That is true. Like most of us, he is a mixture of good and bad. His inability to back down once he's said something out of turn is probably what infuriates people.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
That is true. Like most of us, he is a mixture of good and bad. His inability to back down once he's said something out of turn is probably what infuriates people.

You are probably right and I am amazed the guy has stuck around.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

He reminds me of the Grandad in the Harry Enfield show, "only me"

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'd miss BG. I wouldn't miss a number of others.

You can always tell a BG post before reading the user name.

He's tries to contribute positively to threads with his understanding, whether giving insight or getting the wrong end of the stick.

I never wonder why he bothers, unlike the PPFs of the forum.

BG is definitely in the NSC 'Hall of Fame'

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
He’s just an older fan with his own views, sometimes stubborn like us all, harmless.

“Prick” is an unnecessary insult.
Hmm, maybe. But I think we're too tolerant of some pretty unpleasant views on the basis that the view holder is 'old' or 'stubborn'.

For example at Christmas gran is able to get away with some pretty ripe stereotypes on the grounds that it was different in her day and she's had a sherry. Sometimes you have to say get with the times, daddy-o.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His as mad as a box of frogs.

I know him and his family including Ben, it doesn't stop me regularly questioning his sanity.

Life and NSC would be boring without him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He can back down when he realises his comments are wrong. Hd was man enough to back down on a comment he made on the Gaetan Bong / Jay Rodriguez thread. And he stands his ground on some of the football nonsense he posts. But they are his views and I respect him for them except that one on Bongy. For me he is funny. He can laugh at himself too and not that many people can. I like his posts and this thread he must be loving because I would. It's almost like being at your own funeral looking down and listening to what people truly think of you and so many people always say that's something they would love to be a fly in the wall at.

So for me "carry in regardless" so long as you don't hurt people's feelings

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here