Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis McGuggan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But we play 4-4-2, so either we drop Stephens/Kayal to play him or change formation to shoe-horn him in to our team.

When we do switch to 4-5-1 I'd much rather have Kayal or Stephens given the free role than Lewis f*cking McGugan. Ask 100 Forest, Watford or Wednesday fans what they think of him and see how many rate him. He's made an entire career out of the occasional worldie and two prolific seasons. Ask yourself why after picking up 10 goals for Watford he was relegated to a bit-part player the following season, or why there was no real uproar when he left Forest, or even better, whilst playing 22 games for Wednesday this season they are looking to ship him out on loan.

He is a very average footballer, but idiots who watch highlights and see him score the occasional 30 yard scream think he's absolutely outstanding because they don't posses the mental faculties to see that he is distinctively average.

What a rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

Oh for heaven's sake! Just click on 'Reply with Quote' and type your reply UNDERNEATH what shows in the box - anywhere AFTER where it says [ / Q.U.O.T.E]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What a rubbish post we play 4-4-2 with a wide midfielder either side so could still have one of the natural wide man and also a man who can score goals from midfield, while still playing Kayal and Stephens To describe him as distinctly average shows your football knowledge so I will not bother to discuss this with you.

This coming from the person suggesting Matt ****ing Derbyshire is the answer to our goalscoring problems.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have lost our midfield attacking influence in recent games ......................................... hopefully Richie Towell will provide that again. or we will sign a player to do it as we have nobody at the club at the moment who is fit and capable.
Agree with that. Just not McGugan though we need to be looking forward, not back, and going after better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
i think hes contracts up in the summer and i assume while they have an embargo they cant offer him another one so they might need to cash in whether they want or not

Interesting. Outstanding player. Seem to remember a £5m price tag, mind. I guess that would be less now, although they might persuade him to stay.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, Lua Lua, March and Rosenior certainly aren't. Bet CH wishes he could put is finger on just why...................................

Obviously fallen out of favour for some reason.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just two words Richie Towel, time to stop digging BG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can't find anywhere where there

Oh for heaven's sake! Just click on 'Reply with Quote' and type your reply UNDERNEATH what shows in the box - anywhere AFTER where it says [ / Q.U.O.T.E]

are full stops in [/quote]

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
just two words Richie Towel, time to stop digging BG

We are all Albion nuts and understandably become excited when new signings are made. But in this case, it is too early to tell if he will be the saviour. He has an excellent pedigree at League of Ireland level, and so hopefully his confidence should be high, but can he make the jump-up - that is the question. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what level in England the Irish league equates to, to give us an idea of the difference? I am not for one moment saying that he is another Toko, just that we need to wait and see, but let's hope! All aboard for Tuesday night.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We do need to wait and see on Towell but he's certainly been signed with the first team in mind and I was impressed with his self belief when he signed.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We are all Albion nuts and understandably become excited when new signings are made. But in this case, it is too early to tell if he will be the saviour. He has an excellent pedigree at League of Ireland level, and so hopefully his confidence should be high, but can he make the jump-up - that is the question. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what level in England the Irish league equates to, to give us an idea of the difference? I am not for one moment saying that he is another Toko, just that we need to wait and see, but let's hope! All aboard for Tuesday night.

very true
but will say one thing many years ago we signed a player from Burton Albion, and you could hear the audible groan all over the area
and look what happened then, he became and still is a hero, and I for one hope that Richie can be just half as good.
we will all know very soon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If weds ( :laugh: ) are getting rid of someone why on earth would we want him?

Oh, just realised Bens Grandfart is the OP.
You should be ashamed of yourself if you needed anything beyond the thread title to know who the OP was.

The only way you can redeem yourself is by answering the $64,000 question:-

'Who is BG's real account'?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
You should be ashamed of yourself if you needed anything beyond the thread title to know who the OP was.

One of life's greatest mysteries

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Stat Brother ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Brother ?
The new year will prove I still have too much time on my hands :down: (Believe me I'm trying to get off this site).

But I can assure you I don't have that much time, I can keep both balls spinning.

To get over 50 replies and nearly 3,000 views for Lewis FREAKIN McGuggan I think you have to look nearer the top of the food chain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The new year will prove I still have too much time on my hands :down: (Believe me I'm trying to get off this site).

But I can assure you I don't have that much time, I can keep both balls spinning.

To get over 50 replies and nearly 3,000 views for Lewis FREAKIN McGuggan I think you have to look nearer the top of the food chain.

It's [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], keeping traffic levels up

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our midfiled 4 are not producing the chances for the strikers that they were earlier in the season.

I am glad somebody can see beyond the end of their nose.

That's because earlier in the season our chances were being provided by our most productive wingers and full backs, anybody that can see beyond the end of their nose would be aware of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here