Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis McGuggan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Read that Sheff Wed are prepared to let Lewis McGuggan go. I have always rated him so could he be the attacking midfielder we need to revitalise our attacking options whch seem to have dropped off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Always starts well with every club he's been at, then fades away from the regular first team picture.

You have to ask why that is.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Harper and Towell will be filling that void soon enough

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Average player at best, not likely t ok cut it in the premier league in my opinion. On his better days a good option in the championship but as has been said once he settles at a club those good days don't happen so much

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Read that Sheff Wed are prepared to let Lewis McGuggan go. I have always rated him so could he be the attacking midfielder we need to revitalise our attacking options whch seem to have dropped off.

Over on the VLP thread you were against signing players that aren't good enough for the PL.............so you want to sign someone not good enough for that lot ?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Do you not think that the fact that he becomes surplus to requirements after about 6 months at every single club he goes to just might signify something about him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Over on the VLP thread you were against signing players that aren't good enough for the PL.............so you want to sign someone not good enough for that lot ?

They want to loan him out and I see him as better version of Crofts. Obviously Towell could do the same job possibly but will have to wait and see.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
i think i would rather go for lansbury i doubt he would break the bank and is quality

Is the Forest captain. I know they have a few financial issues, but I'd be somewhat surprised if he was somebody they were prepared to sell to another Championship club.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The solitary outfield position in the team where we do not need some back-up is Central Midfield.

BensGrandad continues with his impressive streak of 100% shit posts by suggesting another Central Midfielder we should sign, excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The solitary outfield position in the team where we do not need some back-up is Central Midfield.

BensGrandad continues with his impressive streak of 100% shit posts by suggesting another Central Midfielder we should sign, excellent.

But he plays further forward than either Kayal or Stephens and usually futher out wide in the role played by Liam Rosenior prior to going left back.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
But he plays further forward than either Kayal or Stephens and usually futher out wide in the role played by Liam Rosenior prior to going left back.

But we play 4-4-2, so either we drop Stephens/Kayal to play him or change formation to shoe-horn him in to our team.

When we do switch to 4-5-1 I'd much rather have Kayal or Stephens given the free role than Lewis f*cking McGugan. Ask 100 Forest, Watford or Wednesday fans what they think of him and see how many rate him. He's made an entire career out of the occasional worldie and two prolific seasons. Ask yourself why after picking up 10 goals for Watford he was relegated to a bit-part player the following season, or why there was no real uproar when he left Forest, or even better, whilst playing 22 games for Wednesday this season they are looking to ship him out on loan.

He is a very average footballer, but idiots who watch highlights and see him score the occasional 30 yard scream think he's absolutely outstanding because they don't posses the mental faculties to see that he is distinctively average.

Last edited:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Great footballer, bad egg. Was allow to leave leave both Watford and Notts Forest due to his piss poor attitude. Will be no good for the dressing room.

... Otherwise, would be a great signing!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here