Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent baking help needed

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Good folks of NSC,

I am attempting to bake a cake, but I only have small eggs in the fridge, the recipe calls for five extra large eggs, how many small eggs equate to five extra large ones?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Eye spy with my little eye something beginning with:-

Should eggs be kept in the fridge - binfest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If you don't have eight small ones, you could always just reduce the proportion of the butter, sugar & flour accordingly. So long as the ratio is the same, it'll be fine.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eye spy with my little eye something beginning with:-

Should eggs be kept in the fridge - binfest.

Where I used to work we had regular visits from food safety people. One visit we'd be told the policy is to keep them in the fridge, the following visit they'd tell us not to keep them in the fridge, the following visit to keep them in the fridge, round and round.

Simple answer is No where do all the supermarkets keep them?

Nowhere near a cooker or kitchen area where it can be exposed to higher environmental temperatures.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Quick question, when you say 'small eggs' you're not trying to bake with quail eggs, are you?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought a piece of sponge at the cafe in Princess Royal and it was lovely. The old lady who had made it said to use equal quantities of SR Flour Eggs and butter and 1/2 quantity of milk. us.This has worked well for

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where I used to work we had regular visits from food safety people. One visit we'd be told the policy is to keep them in the fridge, the following visit they'd tell us not to keep them in the fridge, the following visit to keep them in the fridge, round and round.

Nowhere near a cooker or kitchen area where it can be exposed to higher environmental temperatures.

The ideal is an old fashioned type larder or colder annexe to the kitchen. As said above when we had inspections bu EHO one said in the fridge and another said not so really I suppose it depends on how quick your turnover is and how many you keep. Wife buys them by the dozen so they dont last long enough to go off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I bought a piece of sponge at the cafe in Princess Royal and it was lovely. The old lady who had made it said to use equal quantities of SR Flour Eggs and butter and 1/2 quantity of milk. us.This has worked well for

Doesn't sound very nice. Me, I'd put some sugar in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Simple answer is No where do all the supermarkets keep them?

I normally agree with your posts, but on this occasion . . . .

Should petrol be kept in the car's petrol tank, or in an underground storage tank? Simple answer - where does the garage keep the petrol? No, it doesn't work like that, does it? :cheers:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I normally agree with your posts, but on this occasion . . . .

Should petrol be kept in the car's petrol tank, or in an underground storage tank? Simple answer - where does the garage keep the petrol? No, it doesn't work like that, does it? :cheers:

My point was that all the major supermarkets put them on a stand in the grocery section nowhere near the cold area orr fridges and freezers. One EHO we had in Guildford said we had to keep our domestic food and utencils etc seperate from those for the pub. If wife made a S & K pie as a special and it didnt all get sold we had to remove it from 1 fridge and put it in our domestic fridge tto have for our dinner.. Even my bottle of worcester sauce for cooked breakfast couldnt be the same one as she used for the Cottage pie. absolutely ridiculous pc gone mad..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not in fridge. If you keep eggs so long that they go off, you have bought too many eggs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here