Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfway - Not Bad Going

el punal

23 games played - 44 points in the bag and just 1 defeat. I bet not one Albion fan would have predicted that at the beginning of August. So a big well done to Chris and the boys for a remarkable last five months. I know we are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment on the injury front, but with the January transfer window just days away I'm confident that the club (based on the quality of the pre-season signings) will get the right personnel in.

Here's to a prosperous and happy new year and let's enjoy the ride! :albion2: :drink:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Very much second that. OK we have not been winning games recently but I would like to think that has been due to injuries and the fact that 3 of the last 4 games have been away and all have been against top half sides. In only one of those games have we gone behind. Today was a good result.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's such a great start and hopefully one we can build on by getting something from those sides at home starting with wins against ipswich and wolves.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
23 games played - 44 points in the bag and just 1 defeat. I bet not one Albion fan would have predicted that at the beginning of August. So a big well done to Chris and the boys for a remarkable last five months. I know we are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment on the injury front, but with the January transfer window just days away I'm confident that the club (based on the quality of the pre-season signings) will get the right personnel in.

Here's to a prosperous and happy new year and let's enjoy the ride! :albion2: :drink:

Absolutely. It has been an incredible 5 months. Well done to all at the Albion. Who knows what can be achieved in the next half of the season. Lets hope for at least 4 points from the next two matches. The Cup game gives CH a chance to give game time to some fringe players and thus a the regulars a rest, and also perhaps SM and KLL returning from injury. And January may well see quality strengthening. Slight dip at present, as would happen to any team at some stage in the season,but so many reasons to be optimistic.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Absolutely. It has been an incredible 5 months. Well done to all at the Albion. Who knows what can be achieved in the next half of the season. Lets hope for at least 4 points from the next two matches. The Cup game gives CH a chance to give game time to some fringe players and thus a the regulars a rest, and also perhaps SM and KLL returning from injury. And January may well see quality strengthening. Slight dip at present, as would happen to any team at some stage in the season,but so many reasons to be optimistic.
SM returning from injury? If that's Solly March then you are destined to be disappointed. He's out for the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure all the fans who said they'd be more than happy with upper mid-table are absolutely delighted at the first half of the season.

Oh wait it doesn't quite work like that, does it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm sure all the fans who said they'd be more than happy with upper mid-table are absolutely delighted at the first half of the season.

Yeah, at the start of the season if I'd been asked I would have said that I'd expect us to have won more away games than Preston at this stage. That hasn't.happened so I can't help but feel it's been a huge let down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty disappointing how things are tailing off, but then the fixtures haven't been kind in the last few weeks.

Win vs Ipswich and Wolves and things will look rosy, especially with Middlesbrough playing Derby on Jan 2.

Let's hope Massive Wednesday can get at least a point at Middlesbrough tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brilliant start. The injuries are annoying, and the resulting weakness will probably dent our top 2 chances this month; however we only need about 29-30 points to make play-offs thanks to such a good first half. Hopefully by May we'll be in a good state to have a go - 3rd time lucky!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Double what we've got would see us finish on 88 points:

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 11.17.15.png

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Ha! It certainly works like that for me. Im over the moon :) Championship football for me is an absolute minimum these days with the facilities we have and thats virtually guaranteed next season. Well happy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Firstly, regardless of position, delighted with the football we've been playing. Attacking, positive football, good possession generally, players expressing themselves and a fantastic team spirit.

Secondly, our league position is outstanding, far exceeding any expectations. If we strengthen, we could challenge the top 2, if not then we look well set for the play offs.

Exciting times ahead in 2016.:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After our unexpected brilliant start to reach the play offs would be a disappointment to only get that near. It could even be classed as a failure and our best opportunity of promotion lost so while possible lets continue to follow the dream of automatic promotion.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Totally amazed at the first half of this season, didn't dare dream we would have pocketed 44 points and only be 3 points off the top of the table after last seasons woeful display, Chris Hughton has worked a minor miracle.

That said I now believe he has an even bigger task of finding the right players to fill the gaps caused by our ever increasing injury list, if he manages to do that and keep us in the hunt for the top two positions then he would indeed be a miracle worker. More than likely though we will end up in the play-off positions which would still be a massive achievement, let's hope this scenario is the worst outcome which leads us to the best...PROMOTION.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

You need to take your rose tinted spectacles off and put your reality head on mate:albion2:

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
We've drawn our last six away games - Reading, Sheffield Wednesday:lolol:,Burnley, Derby, QPR and Brentford. Our last win away as v Leeds - and guess who scored the winner in that game. Let's bring on Manu instead though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here