Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brechin City.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A friend of mine told me of a visit he made once. His main topic of conversation was the long hedge. I often taunted him since with a 'one hedge in Brechin' chant. It looks a quant location. Obviously means a lot to that elderly lady.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I've been Brechin wind a lot since my brussels on xmas day

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent thanks for posting.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A friend of mine told me of a visit he made once. His main topic of conversation was the long hedge. I often taunted him since with a 'one hedge in Brechin' chant. It looks a quant location. Obviously means a lot to that elderly lady.

There is a lot in what the elderly lady says.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Back in about 84/85 we were keen Brechin fans - at that time they had the worst record in Scottish football, with their highest placing being something like 5th from bottom. We went up there for a Thursday night match, we got there on Wednesday early evening and whilst in one of the many bars someone mentioned that the game had been brought forward a day. We went all that way, and nearly missed it!

It rained solidly for the next few days, and all there was to do was the bars, a dodgy night club with about 50 people in it, and the golf club(house).

We were members of the supporters club, and so got a mention in the programme. We met up with a lad who organised the supported club (all 20 of them I think). He got us on to the team coach for the Saturday game at East Fife - and we were given a team tie each. After the game, the coach then took us (with the team) to the nearest station - can't imagine that happening today. Nor can I now imagine being able to get home to Southwick from Fife after a Saturday afternoon match for £15 return.

On the train back from London we played cards with Chris Eubank's brother - so all in all it was quite a successful trip.

Still keep an eye on their results - not doing well this year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brechin's current goalkeeper is the infamous Graeme Smith, who spent that unforgettable season with the Albion in 2009/10.

He was in the news for all the wrong reasons again earlier this season, when he reported for a game at an away ground, miles from Brechin, when in fact Brechin were playing them at home.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Most charming.

Highest gate this season only 1214 but then they are bottom of the league

bloody good turn out if you ask me,considering the population of Brechin is only 7,000

I think it's the smallest town in Britain with a league club or it was once?

lots of new one's now

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Back in about 84/85 we were keen Brechin fans - at that time they had the worst record in Scottish football, with their highest placing being something like 5th from bottom. We went up there for a Thursday night match, we got there on Wednesday early evening and whilst in one of the many bars someone mentioned that the game had been brought forward a day. We went all that way, and nearly missed it!

It rained solidly for the next few days, and all there was to do was the bars, a dodgy night club with about 50 people in it, and the golf club(house).

We were members of the supporters club, and so got a mention in the programme. We met up with a lad who organised the supported club (all 20 of them I think). He got us on to the team coach for the Saturday game at East Fife - and we were given a team tie each. After the game, the coach then took us (with the team) to the nearest station - can't imagine that happening today. Nor can I now imagine being able to get home to Southwick from Fife after a Saturday afternoon match for £15 return.

On the train back from London we played cards with Chris Eubank's brother - so all in all it was quite a successful trip.

Still keep an eye on their results - not doing well this year.

What a lovely story. A few years back someone threw down a challenge for NSC members to "adopt" a team from either the lower leagues or from the "Celtic fringe" (Wales or porridge) I opted for Afan Lido. Got chatting to a couple of their boyos via their forum and ended up being their guest versus TNS. A very good day. Shirt swaps, meet the players and the gaffer had a kick about on the pitch. Got totally mortal with them. Still in touch. Still follow their results.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice article. Proper football and all that. Good luck to them!

Mind you, I did go to Brechin once: it was closed.......

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What a lovely story. A few years back someone threw down a challenge for NSC members to "adopt" a team from either the lower leagues or from the "Celtic fringe" (Wales or porridge) I opted for Afan Lido. Got chatting to a couple of their boyos via their forum and ended up being their guest versus TNS. A very good day. Shirt swaps, meet the players and the gaffer had a kick about on the pitch. Got totally mortal with them. Still in touch. Still follow their results.
I think this could be a fun thing to do for 2016

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here