Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought he may have been a bit pissed off with his lack of playing time since joining the club after being a regular at his previous club.

It seems he is in line to start in the next few games due to Uwe and Greer (probably) being out for a few weeks.

How did he got on today and do you think he will replace the 2 players injured at the same level or not. Or maybe better?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I hope he steps up and does a decent job, but if he makes a mistake or 2 I also hope everyone doesn't get too on his case.
This is definitely an opportunity, if he gets injured who is next in line?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm hoping he'll work quite well with Dunk. It's real bare bones in defence now, that said I think Goldson was signed with a view to Greer reaching the end of his career with us. It will do him a lot of good to get some decent game time in the next 2 at least

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
He didnt look any worse than either GG or Dunk today, a nervy moment when he lost his footing and slipped but managed to recover and get enough on the ball to get it away. Other than that he seemed content to keep it simple and not try anything clever. Quicker than GG and i guess we will see enough of him now to make an informed judgement.

Dec 29, 2011
I hope he steps up and does a decent job, but if he makes a mistake or 2 I also hope everyone doesn't get too on his case.
This is definitely an opportunity, if he gets injured who is next in line?

Ridgewell will be in by that time we hope

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He looks strong and quick, plus he scored goals for Shrewsbury. I'd be up for seeing him get a few games now. We'd shipped in 9 goals in the previous 4 games before today as well, I wasn't opposed to a change even before Greer's injury.

Stumpy Tim

As [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] said, he actually scores a fair amount of goals for a centre back. He's clearly been brought in to be the long-term partner for Dunk, and from what I've heard he totally understands the situation. I'm looking forward to seeing him on Tuesday

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seemed less nervous than when he came on against Middlesbrough should do well when he feels at home on the team

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's give the guy lots of support on Tuesday night. Basically the way our team is at the moment we need become the 12th man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to save some time:-

Boooo
Boooo
Boooo

He's shitehouse.

Boooo

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Obviously not the same level but he has stood out in the U21 games he played in. A big threat at set plays and adds height and pace to the back line. Tuesday will be tough up against D.Murphy but I think he's up for the challenge

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'm happy to see him come in for Greer.

Our defence is too old and slow and against he tougher teams in this division in the last few games it has not unsurprisingly been found out a bit.

Would be good see him form a partnership with Dunk that has a bit of pace. Both are big lads too so set pieces at either end will hopefully improve.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here