NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd go with Bobby and Wilson.

What do you think?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd go 4-5-1 and start Zamora.

Stockdale/Bruno, Dunk, Goldson, Calderon/ VLP, Kayal, Stephens, Crofts, Murphy/Zamora.

That allows us to have viable options off the bench. JFC or Ince can come on and do a job in a midfield three. Hemed or wilson can come on for Zamora. Wilson can come on through the middle or for one of the wingers. Manu can come on for a winger(possibly?). We can change to 4-4-2 if need be. We have to make the most of the limited number of players we have available bearing in mind that we would have played a game three days prior to this one and another three days after.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'd go 4-5-1 and start Zamora.

Stockdale/Bruno, Dunk, Goldson, Calderon/ VLP, Kayal, Stephens, Crofts, Murphy/Zamora.

That allows us to have viable options off the bench. JFC or Ince can come on and do a job in a midfield three. Hemed or wilson can come on for Zamora. Wilson can come on through the middle or for one of the wingers. Manu can come on for a winger(possibly?). We can change to 4-4-2 if need be. We have to make the most of the limited number of players we have available bearing in mind that we would have played a game three days prior to this one and another three days after.
I think 4-5-1 is too negative for home. It hardly shows the intention to play attacking football. I could be talking out of my a**e but that's just how I see it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If Wilson is well I think it will be him and Hemed, but I would go Wilson Zamora. I guess it will be Hemed Zamora as the only two fit and well strikers though

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Wilson and Zamora for me. Hemed on bench, but if we're in front with 20 mins to go, replace either striker with holding midfielder; then in dying stages replace attacking midfielder with a defender. This is the sort of "collapsing bag" approach which served us well earlier on (though not always successfully) and could do the job against Ipswich.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All down to whether Wilson is fit I guess, anyone know? Was he just ill at Brentford?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think 4-5-1 is too negative for home. It hardly shows the intention to play attacking football. I could be talking out of my a**e but that's just how I see it.

You're right it is more negative than 4-4-2 but for me we're down to the absolute bare bones(to quote Harry Redknapp). There are no changes that we can make to the starting 11 that will improve it or won't weaken it. The players seem tired to me, they need a rest and if we play 4-4-2 in the next two games I think we'll not only pick up another injury or two(due to fatigue) but not pick up many points either.

Going 4-5-1 takes some of the strain off of Kayal and Stephens, helps give us defensive solidity which is important given we're down to our fourth choice centre back and third choice left back and it also allows the squad players who are fit but who would struggle in a 4-4-2 to play their part(I'm thinking JFC/Ince/Manu). That way we'd hopefully be able to maintain a certain amount of freshness for the wolves game on new years day. After that we'll hopefully be getting players back to fitness or new ones brought in. Then we can go back to 4-4-2 and carry on our merry way to promotion.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
You're right it is more negative than 4-4-2 but for me we're down to the absolute bare bones(to quote Harry Redknapp). There are no changes that we can make to the starting 11 that will improve it or won't weaken it. The players seem tired to me, they need a rest and if we play 4-4-2 in the next two games I think we'll not only pick up another injury or two(due to fatigue) but not pick up many points either.

Going 4-5-1 takes some of the strain off of Kayal and Stephens, helps give us defensive solidity which is important given we're down to our fourth choice centre back and third choice left back and it also allows the squad players who are fit but who would struggle in a 4-4-2 to play their part(I'm thinking JFC/Ince/Manu). That way we'd hopefully be able to maintain a certain amount of freshness for the wolves game on new years day. After that we'll hopefully be getting players back to fitness or new ones brought in. Then we can go back to 4-4-2 and carry on our merry way to promotion.
You are right about being being down to the bare bones and everything you say is valid but with two crucial home games on the bounce coming up, I'd prefer to see CH pursue the points with a 4 4 2 formation. Anyway, we'll see how it pans out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Gone for Hemed-Zamora as illness takes its toll at this time of year just that bit longer but I'm sure Wilson will be 100% for Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here