Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad is Greer's injury?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Will it be Connor Goldson on Tuesday night?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
From club site

Meanwhile, Albion were dealt a further injury blow when Gordon Greer had to be withdrawn 15 minutes from the end.

“He just felt his hamstring. We’re hoping it’s not too bad and that it’s just an accumulation of having to play a lot of games, so maybe a bit of fatigue.

“But we’ll assess that tomorrow and in the next couple of days.”

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks muscular (the injury, not Gordon Greer...). Seemed to be holding his hamstring while he was sat on the pitch. He did walk off rather than limp, or be stretchered, so perhaps a strain rather than a tear.

What is he now though, 35? These things probably don't heal as quickly as they might on a 25 year old. Bit of a blow with the games coming thick & fast over the festive season. May as well give Goldson a go, IMHO. Presumably they've bought him because they think he's good enough, so let's see how he gets on. It's not like we have many other options.

Also: I was right at the front today when Greer walked past the away fans on his way back to the dressing room. He looks a lot younger close up than he does from my usual vantage point high up in the WSU :love:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our injuries are now a nonsense.

Stephens was hopping around for a couple of minutes after a crunching second half tackle, and I must admit, I was getting bloody nervous by that point (though not as much as when he booted that Brentford player when already on a yellow card).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wondering if Glenn Rae's loan at Southend might not be extended (immediately at least) when the current period expires (2nd Jan?)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wondering if Glenn Rae's loan at Southend might not be extended (immediately at least) when the current period expires (2nd Jan?)

He's not played much. I was mildly surprised when the Argus suggested Phil Orange was keen to keep him for the season, or permanently.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Personally I prefer Tom Dallison anyway, thought he did well enough in all the friendlies, big step up though, so would ynderstand if Rea was preferred.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Greer and Hunemeier are out for a while may have to be recalled but always thought Ince would be good cover at centre-back too.

Could cover the gatemen on the car park but not on the field of play. Only my opinion but I can see why Chelsea said he had no future as you can imagine I think he is a liabiility possible Div 2 standard but when he has a good game.possibly Div 1 not his biggest fan

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How did Goldson play today ?

Stumpy Tim

Could cover the gatemen on the car park but not on the field of play. Only my opinion but I can see why Chelsea said he had no future as you can imagine I think he is a liabiility possible Div 2 standard but when he has a good game.possibly Div 1 not his biggest fan
This season I can understand your view on him. But for me Ince isn't the holding player that Hughton thinks he is. He's a box to box player who can win the ball, and then knock it to someone who can pass. He's a bit like Wanamaya at Southampton in that respect. He's another one of our young players (like JFC) who has been asked to do a job he shouldn't be doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here