Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manu instead of Zamora?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Explain that one to me.

I know we are protecting Zamora and trying to keep him fit but 20 mins instead of Manu would surely have done little damage.

Manu is not a forward and I'm not sure he is a footballer either. He has certainly never heard of the offside rule.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
People moan about him not being given a chance, then when he finally gets one, people moan that the wrong person was brought on. Listening to the radio, he seemed to be causing quite a few problems to Brentford today, and possibly should've even got a penalty. Personally I'd say it's a good thing if he starts being given a chance to prove himself, and game time can only help.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
People moan about him not being given a chance, then when he finally gets one, people moan that the wrong person was brought on. Listening to the radio, he seemed to be causing quite a few problems to Brentford today, and possibly should've even got a penalty. Personally I'd say it's a good thing if he starts being given a chance to prove himself, and game time can only help.

The radio commentary was clutching at straws then. As soon as he came on, we stopped being able to retain the ball because everything either bounced off him or he was offside.

4 offsides in 20 minutes is unacceptable, he did the same at Wolves, and I'm afraid even COG would have been a better option today (and he's not good enough either).

Only Hughton will know why Zamora didn't come on instead.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

The pen incident was right in front of us. It was a foul, albeit an innocuous one, and had it been anywhere else on the pitch it would have been given as a free kick.

That said, Elvis really does look hopelessly naive / out of his depth in the championship. Thought BZ would come on and hold the ball up - which is what we needed today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Having been at the game not listening on the radio I really don't think you can say Manu caused any problems. Yes there was a hit of a penalty shout but that was it really. He was offside 4 times in 20 minutes, and didn't really hold the ball up very well. Zamora would have been a better bet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He made a couple of decent runs (even timing it to beat the offside line once) but apart from that didn't offer much really. Penalty would have been pretty soft if it had been given, but the ref today was so bad it easily could've been.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i am more concerned about why CH keeps starting Hemed ahead of Zamora - i know we are trying to protect him, but Hemed has done very little to get his place back ahead of Zamora and I thought Hemed starting two or three games ago after being dropped for a game, was a prelude to Bobby starting a couple more. Lets face it - even when he isn't having a great game at least BZ still pops up and scores.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I think today was a difficult game to judge him on. We were hardly breaking regularly, and when we did Kayal always took one touch too many. He does need to learn the offside rule.

I was right in front of penalty shout, It was a penalty IMHO.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The radio commentary was clutching at straws then. As soon as he came on, we stopped being able to retain the ball because everything either bounced off him or he was offside.

4 offsides in 20 minutes is unacceptable, he did the same at Wolves, and I'm afraid even COG would have been a better option today (and he's not good enough either).

Only Hughton will know why Zamora didn't come on instead.

I dont remember everything bouncing off him? Some of the balls to him where poor. I would say he looked more dangerous than Hemed today

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I reckon Zamora would have come on if Greer hadn't pulled up.... probably for Murphy with ManuManu-de-der-de-de-der going out wide.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think today was a difficult game to judge him on. We were hardly breaking regularly, and when we did Kayal always took one touch too many. He does need to learn the offside rule.

I was right in front of penalty shout, It was a penalty IMHO.

He didn't seem to understand it when he first came on away at Wolves. He must have been drilled in training, holding the line,timing runs etc but obviously still not working .. which is rather worrying.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Right choice at that point in the game. We needed an injection of pace to give some threat and hold them from sending all 10 outfield players forward.
Zamora would have come on later had Greer not gone down injured.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought Elvis instead of Zammo was a daft move but at the start of the 2nd I also thought Crofts for Wilson was negative but it proved to be the opposite. What do I know?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
I would have liked to see Murphy replaced early in the second half for Manu, and Zamora for hamed. Obviously with the injury Bobby couldn't come on which I think would have happened.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I dont remember everything bouncing off him? Some of the balls to him where poor. I would say he looked more dangerous than Hemed today

Did he hold one ball up then? I didn't see that happen once, which is why we under pressure once Hemed went off, and why the better change IMO would have been Zamora.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here