Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Hemed any good?

Dec 29, 2011
What do people think? I've only seen him for 6ish games but he hasn't stood out at me as the man to take us to the Premier League. What do people think about him as our main striker?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think Ritchie Barker. If you think that spells prolific netter getter, then I suspect you'd be wrong. If you think he brings presence and not much else, you may have a case.

He does try, but he's not really making it happen is he? Although the service has dried up no doubt hmmmmm it's a tough olde call.

I'll leave it to others to decide.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He offered absolutely nothing today, and has offered nothing for a number of weeks now for me.

He can't hold the ball up, and I'm not even convinced by his work rate. Oh, and the fact that 2 of his goals were deflected, 1 was a penalty, 1 I'm not sure he even touched, and the header v Charlton where the keeper was extremely unlucky.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sadly a bit reminiscent of the losers we had up front last season. Never going to be much of a game-changer (and spare me the vids, I've seen them, don't change my opinion one little bit)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought he did ok, loads of work off the ball, had a good catch at the end of the first half which he fluffed, won a lot of headers / flick ons with no support round him.
I genuinely believe he will come good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly a bit reminiscent of the losers we had up front last season. Never going to be much of a game-changer (and spare me the vids, I've seen them, don't change my opinion one little bit)
I think that's far to strong, and definitely one for those with short term memory loss.

I'm disappointed by his lack of goals (obviously nowhere near as disappointed as he is) but I can't fault his work rate.
Hopefully he'll still get into double figures this season.
He's clearly not THE goal scorer, but I'd hope he can become the assist man to a proper finisher.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that's far to strong, and definitely one for those with short term memory loss.

I'm disappointed by his lack of goals (obviously nowhere near as disappointed as he is) but I can't fault his work rate.
Hopefully he'll still get into double figures this season.
He's clearly not THE goal scorer, but I'd hope he can become the assist man to a proper finisher.

Good post and quite agree, we looked much worse when he went off.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He may not be great, but he ain't THAT bad!

All a matter of opinion but I don't think O'Grady is too bad. I reckon his hold up play is better than Hemed's but then less of an aerial threat. Neither look particularly capable in front of goal. O'Grady also had the misfortune of being part of the Hypia absurdity where he was often played out wide.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
You can't judge manu on his performances thus far as anybody who's played the game or understands it would know that when you come on you don't just walk into it you have to get up to speed with the game being played. In his short and few outings he's rarely had more than 10 minutes until today, I'd like to see him start and see what he's got!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Surely Manu was played to get some minutes as when Wilson goes back, if Baldock isn't ready to return he's one of our only options, with BZ not really capable of a full 90?
Manu is clearly not match ready, but the only way he will get up to speed is by playing, it may not be pretty but he needs the minutes and just like Kaz will come good :)
Have faith people! :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here