Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion concerned over Greer - but Hughton happy with clean sheet [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are sweating on another potential injury setback after losing skipper Gordon Greer today.
But Chris Hughton has praised his side for keeping a clean sheet in their 0-0 draw at lively Brentford.
Greer went down with a hamstring problem during the second half of the Boxing Day clash at Griffin Park.
Hughton is awaiting reports on the extent of the damage but the centre-back would appear to be a doubt for the home game against Ipswich on Tuesday.
The Albion boss revealed: "He just felt his hamstring. We are hoping it's not too bad.
"It could be an accumulation of having to play a lot games, so maybe a little bit of fatigue.
"We will assess that*over the next couple of days."
The Seagulls will*be aiming for a first win in five games on Tuesday but they maintained their unbeaten away record today, despite a poor first half.

Hughton said: “It was good to get back to clean sheets, which we needed.“I thought we were better in the second half and we caused a bit more of a threat breaking from deeper.
“But these are a good side. They have got very good options.
“In the end I think it’s a draw we have got to be happy with.”
Hughton revealed James Wilson, who he replaced with Andrew Crofts at half-time, was not feeling well.
But he was pleased how his subsequent tactical switch worked.
He said: “It gave us an opportunity to go a little bit of a different way.
“I thought we had a little bit better ball retention in that second half.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here