Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back [Liam Ridgewell?]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have I missed something?
Warren Aspinall saying on Player that there are only the i's to dot and the t's to cross on a left back signing in the first few days of the new year

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have I missed something?
Warren Aspinall saying on Player that there are only the i's to dot and the t's to cross on a left back signing in the first few days of the new year

Not before time. If it is so certain why could we not have got him on loan during the loan window with an agreemnt to buy in January. Other teams do it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Heaven forbid someone who works in the industry knows something before fans on a message board

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Many possible reasons. Among them that it's a player from abroad but also that it's a player who wasn't available to loan. A club who wouldnt loan someone out even with an.agreement to buy may be willing to sell in January as they have cover coming in or returning from injury

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Makes sense, he did something similar last season joining Wigan for six weeks on January 8th.

I hope you're right.

Ridgewell's more of a centreback then an out and out left back, but that may be what we needed given Greers injury, someone who can fill in and cover both until we get over this injury crisis.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ridgewell's more of a centreback then an out and out left back, but that may be what we needed given Greers injury, someone who can fill in and cover both until we get over this injury crisis.

Ha ha! Trouble is at the moment he'd have to play both positions :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ridgewell will be an improvement on what we have but not an inspiring signing unless he is just cover until Bong is back.begining of March in which case he will probably do a job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here