Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss Hughton praises opposite number [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Chris Hughton has applauded the manager responsible for his side's only away defeat of the season.
Hughton comes face to face again at Brentford today with Dean Smith, whose Walsall team knocked Hughton's makeshift Seagulls out of the Capital One Cup earlier in the season.
Smith has taken over the Bees following the sacking in late September of Dutchman Marinus Dijkhuizen and a caretaker spell for Lee Carsley.

4582607.jpg

Walsall celebrate their late winner against Albion
Hughton said: "I know Dean and from what he's done at Walsall. He did a fabulous job and that enabled him to get this job.
"They picked Dean because of the way he set his team up at Walsall. Playing the brand of football in the division they were in was tough but he's done it over a period of time.
"They have a philosophy and I don't think their playing style would've changed dramatically.
4582608.jpg

Chris Hughton greets Walsall assistant boss Richard O'Kelly, who followed Dean Smith to Brentford
"Lee Carsley, who I know very well, had done a very good job before that. They're a good footballing outfit."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here