Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No.3 in our Albion Christmas Day Countdown [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Yes, the Christmas song tells of a spaceman, not a wise man, who came travelling. But Chris Hughton was very much feet on the ground as he gave Albion blast-off.
“I have a slightly different way to what’s been here before me but it’s my responsibility to strike the right balance. I want to continue with the passing game that has been employed at this football club over the last few years but I also want to incorporate my way of playing. If that means at times being a little less expansive, then I’ve got to pick the right moments to do that.”

So wrote Hughton in his first programme notes as Albion boss for the opening home game of 2015, a 1-0 defeat to Brentford.It took a while and for a time one wondered where Albion’s manager – appointed at the very turn of the year - would have his team at this stage of the season.
But third in the division with one of the best goalscoring records in the division?
That’s the sort of Christmas presence fans would surely have gleefully accepted this time last year.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here