Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aggressive pop ups on argus site

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Anyone else getting redirected via pop up when looking st Albion stuff on argus web site
No other apps open.

Any ideas?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah I got a rather rude one yesterday that needed me to close down the tab to get rid of. Not really suitable for youngsters. That might be down to my browsing habits I suppose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone else getting redirected via pop up when looking st Albion stuff on argus web site
No other apps open.

Any ideas?

It is the ad blocker app, sorry someone may have said this I'm not reading. Just do a clean refresh, they have some seriously amateur developers at their place.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I get a message on the Argus site saying I've disabled the adverts. Well I haven't and now I can't view that site. Think I can live without that shyt.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I guess that as most of us here on NSC pay precisely zero towards the survival of the Argus and nick its content whenever it suits us, then maybe best to just suck up a couple of aggressive(ish) pop-ups. IMHO, like. We'll miss the Argus when it's gone, probably only a few years from now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I guess that as most of us here on NSC pay precisely zero towards the survival of the Argus and nick its content whenever it suits us,

But I thought they got a lot of their Albion related stuff from here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I keep getting a half page notice saying it won't let me read the articles because of my ad-blocker, but when I open the article, it's all there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Probably, but its a small part of their content. Reckon when the Argus goes tits up, we'll miss them a lot more than they miss us. Can't run a traditional newspaper on fresh air.

thats all very well, but you cant persist in a business where you pee off your customers constantly. or maybe you can, theres a few examples. users/readers need to feedback that no they wont turn off ad blockers untill ads become less intrusive.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Due to the adblockers issue, I can't read The Argus on my laptop, only the tablet. The ads are too aggressive and in your face, so I guess it's just the tablet for now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I guess that as most of us here on NSC pay precisely zero towards the survival of the Argus and nick its content whenever it suits us, then maybe best to just suck up a couple of aggressive(ish) pop-ups. IMHO, like. We'll miss the Argus when it's gone, probably only a few years from now.

I wouldn't mind the 'aggressive' marketing, but they stick videos on with sound, that seriously irks me.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I know Tom Hark is right about accepting ads as the price of a free service... But I still can't be doing with pesky pop up ads... I will not turn off the ad blocker.

My work around is to use the mobile site on the p c . I think it is m.theargus.com. Or something like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here