Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masterchef....hype overload?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crikey, on a family contractual obligation watching this tosh and I had forgotten how much bollox this is.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Crikey, on a family contractual obligation watching this tosh and I had forgotten how much bollox this is.
I always watched to see how much food John Torode and Greg the greengrocer Wallace can shovel in their gobs at any one time, stil amazes me to this day.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always watched to see how much food John Torode and Greg the greengrocer Wallace can shovel in their gobs at any one time, stil amazes me to this day.
I think that the portions thrown up are getting smaller and smaller each series... Most of tonight's delicacies looked like a 3 course meal for a Barbie doll.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Masterchef Australia is one of the best things on TV.

Agreed. I don't watch the UK version, but love MC Australia. I also kinda like the South Africa and Canada versions. Not that interested in the Ireland one. Masterchef USA starts early in the new year, with Gordon Ramsay. I'm wondering how over the top they will go, given how US telly usually does reality tv shows (I love hells kitchen usa).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Watching it yesterday,didn't realise how rude celebrity chefs can be,would love it if one of the contestants smacked one with a rolling pin.

My thoughts as well. It's a bit of cooking, not life saving, a small portion is put on the plate and a bloke stuffs the food into his face.
These chefs really think they are special and think they can shout and ball at people like Ramsay...... it's a bit of food ffs.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Masterchef UK is total anaemic pants. Masterchef Australia is compelling brilliant television and whilst obviously having a far greater budget than the BBC could stretch to, is the reason why they need to take Masterchef away from the BBC and give it to Sky.

I recommend all to get into Masterchef Australia , truly my favourite TV cooking programme.

Merry Christmas to all

TNBA

TTF

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Masterchef UK is total anaemic pants. Masterchef Australia is compelling brilliant television and whilst obviously having a far greater budget than the BBC could stretch to, is the reason why they need to take Masterchef away from the BBC and give it to Sky.

I recommend all to get into Masterchef Australia , truly my favourite TV cooking programme.

Merry Christmas to all

TNBA

TTF

What's the appeal of the Aussie version?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I loved Master Chef The Professionals until they decided to axe Michel Roux Jr.
Not the same program since.

Did the beeb decide to axe him?, or did he decide to axe them? To be fair I think Marcus Wareing is doing a pretty good job, but it's Monica Galetti who does it for me, I think she's brilliant.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In Tuesday night's episode the eventual winner was using a blue chopping board when preparing his dish. There was NO fish 'element' to his dish.

'Professional' MY ARSE.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Did the beeb decide to axe him?, or did he decide to axe them? To be fair I think Marcus Wareing is doing a pretty good job, but it's Monica Galetti who does it for me, I think she's brilliant.

As I understood it, the Beeb felt that his commercial enterprises were benefitting him far too much from his tv persona and therefore felt it was a conflict of interests to have him continue on the program.
I agree about Monica. Her face pulling is great for all the wrong reasons.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I understood it, the Beeb felt that his commercial enterprises were benefitting him far too much from his tv persona and therefore felt it was a conflict of interests to have him continue on the program.

It was a great shame Michel Roux Jr left as he was very good and I find Marcus Waring a tad rude at times and also a not particularly encouraging.

The previous episode to the final was stunningly interesting watching the cooking in Italy, very diverse stuff and they were under severe pressure being watched by all the local chefs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes I see what you mean. It does rather seem to be the Michel Roux Jr. show lately. Just what is it with him and Albert Bartlett potatoes?

I can't help but feel that someone with a bit more self-esteem and professionalism, wouldn't feel the need to do so much advertising work.

As I understand it, he is already a very wealthy man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here