Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Calderwood

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Is it me or do we seem to hear very little about our Assistant Manager ?
Haven't heard his name mentioned barely at all season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thats the best way i think. Lets keep all things Albion low key

Quite so. Come to that we don't hear a whole lot about our manager either, outside of his weekly press conferences. Chris Hughton isn't one to exactly seek the limelight.

Which for me is absolutely fine, and the way that it should be.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I get the impression that Messrs Hughton, Calderwood and Jones are a very effective and cohesive team.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I watched Burnley away from th directors box literally 5 rows behind the dugouts, I saw and heard Hughton, Calderwood and Jones each doing their thing. Very efficient and coherent team, no billy big b0110x, no ceilings or anything like that. Just a really driven and well organised management and coaching team.

How many teams can claim that?'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I get the impression that Messrs Hughton, Calderwood and Jones are a very effective and cohesive team.

I agree, just like the entire first team squad really. No star names, just a bunch of guys who have formed a tight unit, who fight for one another, and are determined to be winners. No time for any prima donnas.

I love that approach.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think it comes very much from the top - and that messrs bloom and barber.... And Hughton ..... Are probably pretty pleased with it.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I did read somewhere very recently that CC is back in the hunt for a managerial role.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did read somewhere very recently that CC is back in the hunt for a managerial role.

He will be. Jose is going to be the new assistant. I saw him at the match last week.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
A good man to have around! Loved the stand off stare he gave Gary Rowett during the Birmingham game where Rowetts whinging was becoming a bit of a joke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here