Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP embargoes for Forest and Fulham

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football league have confirmed the above two clubs, along with Millwall and 'plucky little' Bournemouth, broke FFP rules.

Fulham and Forest can't sign players in Jan window, similar with Bolton who didn't submit accounts.

Millwall not punished as relegated.

Bournemouth have to pay fine when relegated.

Still silent about QPR's loss of £60 million in 2013/14. Football League scared of creative accounting and expensive lawyers used by Fernandez and co. It makes Enron look like Mother Theresa.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That can't be right. Bournemouth bought all their players from the Lewis Grabban money, which was also enough to cover the lower income from tickets. No, no. I think you need to check your facts again El P, before returning with an apology for Eddie Howe and his worthless players.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That can't be right. Bournemouth bought all their players from the Lewis Grabban money, which was also enough to cover the lower income from tickets. No, no. I think you need to check your facts again El P, before returning with an apology for Eddie Howe and his worthless players.

Wrong, they made all their money from the Real Madrid game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Wait a minute. Forest under embargo? How will they buy Chris O'Grady off us?!

Because he's not classed as a real player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But what about the Bournemouth fans on here telling us that they were very FFP compliant ? ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody can be surprised about Bournemouth and I bet this season they have spent way in excess of what their incomes are and even worse they will stay up too so grab the money next season

The Bournemouth fans that used to frequent this board were adamant that they were within FFP and got very upset that we could think otherwise I seem to remember. Anyway they have got away with it as the fine will be minuscule compared to the rewards for cheating

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The Bournemouth fans that used to frequent this board were adamant that they were within FFP and got very upset that we could think otherwise I seem to remember. Anyway they have got away with it as the fine will be minuscule compared to the rewards for cheating

If they stay up which they will then they will be minted next season, their problem is not FFP fines it is when the 'investors' want paying up

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Football League have also confirmed they are still in discussions with a number of other clubs over their FFP submissions and have not ruled out issuing any further embargoes.

Oo-er missus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not really a surprise, all that money spent with miniscule income in the Championship. Not like it will bother them now as it has paid off.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Even worse were the ankle-grabbing Albion fans who were saying good luck to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here