Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Toys that ultimately disappointed.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
After weeks/months of anticipation which gifts proved to be a let down on Christmas Day?

Two spring to mind for me, Super Flight Deck, minutes of fun, and Subbuteo Rugby just how the Subbuteo R and D department thought they could replicate the sport in the same way they'd done with the football?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After weeks/months of anticipation which gifts proved to be a let down on Christmas Day?

Two spring to mind for me, Super Flight Deck, minutes of fun, and Subbuteo Rugby just how the Subbuteo R and D department thought they could replicate the sport in the same way they'd done with the football?

In my experience, toys that ultimatel disappoint, accounts for the great majority of all toys that were ever procuced. Once Christmas is over, and the new year arrives, many are left unplayed with.

I agree about Subbuteo, they were great at soccer, but pretty pants at everything else, rugby and cricket included.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Subbuteo AstroTurf.

Just about the most coveted item in my history of the world but turned out to be completely useless ...!

(unless stretched out and attached to a wooden board - which for some reason I struggle to understand my otherwise brilliant Dad never got close to getting round to..!)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Subbuteo cricket was rubbish too, Ker Plunk was a waste of time once you'd played it a couple of times. Action Man was best especially the footballer version

I quite liked subbuteo cricket, albeit it was miles behind football version

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Subbuteo AstroTurf.

Just about the most coveted item in my history of the world but turned out to be completely useless ...!

(unless stretched out and attached to a wooden board - which for some reason I struggle to understand my otherwise brilliant Dad never got close to getting round to..!)

My mum ingeniously glued my astro pitch to some lino which was rolled & stored, meaning my pitch was always flat - just needed weighting down in the corners - thanks mum

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
In my experience, toys that ultimatel disappoint, accounts for the great majority of all toys that were ever procuced. Once Christmas is over, and the new year arrives, many are left unplayed with.

I agree about Subbuteo, they were great at soccer, but pretty pants at everything else, rugby and cricket included.

I beg to differ. Subbuteo angling was magnificent.
Super striker was a bit pants though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Scalextric, it was fun when it worked, but after 5 minutes of fun you'd have to spend half-an-hour fixing the brushes on the bottom of the cars.
Then my brothers bought me a box of second-hand track. Most of the time was spent figuring out which piece wasn't working.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scalextric, it was fun when it worked, but after 5 minutes of fun you'd have to spend half-an-hour fixing the brushes on the bottom of the cars.
Then my brothers bought me a box of second-hand track. Most of the time was spent figuring out which piece wasn't working.

Then when it was all finally working, the rules of Scalextric dictated that your car ALWAYS somersaulted off the track at the exact point furthest from where you were sitting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here