Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan looking for parking advise

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Our stadium is beautiful with many positive things about it, but parking isn't not one of them. :jester:

Park and ride, Ipswich fan, park and ride. Get the post code for Mill Road or Mithras House, park there and get a free bus to the stadium and back again afterwards. Where they drop you at the stadium is right by the entrance to the away end. Are you coming down for the day, or just for the match? If you're only here for the game, definitely park and ride. I'd suggest Mill Road because you'd have a better chance of getting away at a decent time I'd have thought, but others who migrate East might have a better idea than me. Maybe you could park in Lewes and then catch the train, also for free. I'm not sure - but you have options. :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As the man says above. Free parking for the P&R at Mill Road and Mithras House, or you can buy a ticket (in advance) to park in the Bridge car park close to the ground. If you drive to Lewes, you can pay to park in the station car park, then the cost of the train to the ground is included in your ticket price.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
As the man says above. Free parking for the P&R at Mill Road and Mithras House, or you can buy a ticket (in advance) to park in the Bridge car park close to the ground. If you drive to Lewes, you can pay to park in the station car park, then the cost of the train to the ground is included in your ticket price.

This is the best idea...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If you have people in the car who want a drink, park in Lewes (plenty of free parking near the station). There are loads of pubs to choose from, and the train takes about ten minutes to get to The Amex.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our stadium is beautiful with many positive things about it, but parking isn't not one of them. :jester:

Park and ride, Ipswich fan, park and ride. Get the post code for Mill Road or Mithras House, park there and get a free bus to the stadium and back again afterwards. Where they drop you at the stadium is right by the entrance to the away end. Are you coming down for the day, or just for the match? If you're only here for the game, definitely park and ride. I'd suggest Mill Road because you'd have a better chance of getting away at a decent time I'd have thought, but others who migrate East might have a better idea than me. Maybe you could park in Lewes and then catch the train, also for free. I'm not sure - but you have options. :thumbsup:

If you are coming for the day, then most definately use the park and ride. I'd suggest Mill Road as being most suitable, particularly as it's just off the main A23 trunk road into the city. Easy to find, and easy to get out of. Full details are on the Albion website.

Bcotton24

Dec 23, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions, coming down early afternoon, so the others can drink, so may park lewes and get the train in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you have people in the car who want a drink, park in Lewes (plenty of free parking near the station). There are loads of pubs to choose from, and the train takes about ten minutes to get to The Amex.

PLENTY of FREE parking near the station???? Where? Please spill the beans here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks for the suggestions, coming down early afternoon, so the others can drink, so may park lewes and get the train in.

Plenty of good pubs in Lewes if the others don't drink lager and prefer ale.
Definitely park in the station car park, many of the car parks are short stay.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PLENTY of FREE parking near the station???? Where? Please spill the beans here.

It's an evening game - most of the car parks in town are free from 5pm..........and not too expensive during the day (apart from the station car park which is expensive)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here