Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be worshipping the little baby Jesus in church this Christmas?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Will you be worshipping the baby Jesus in your local church who came and died to save mankind?

Or or will you be knee deep in sparkly wrapping paper in the consumerist orgy of greed, overeating and credit card debt?

what will it be - celebrating in your church the reason why Christmas exists or being sheeple to the rich industrial and banking elite, filling up their coffers as you empty yours!?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'll be celebrating Yule, the real reason for this festival, with gifts and feasting. :drink::xmas:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
To rephrase the question, will you be:

A) Remembering a largely fictional story, used to control people for thousands of years, which hijacked another winter festival?

or

B) Using the time as an opportunity to spend some happy time with family and friends, giving and receiving gifts, and putting troubles aside?

I'll go for B :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We have a house full of atheiests, except for my 9 year old, so we all pop along for him on Christmas Eve, but that's the only visit

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
To rephrase the question, will you be:

A) Remembering a largely fictional story, used to control people for thousands of years, which hijacked another winter festival?

or

B) Using the time as an opportunity to spend some happy time with family and friends, giving and receiving gifts, and putting troubles aside?

I'll go for B :thumbsup:

Badger has it spot on. I'm with him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I always find it quite heart destroying going to Church in remembrance of cute baby Jesus. Only for you to look directly above the alter and see adult Jesus in complete agony, nailed to a cross with blood streaming all down his semi naked body.

Such a sad and humiliating end to a fantastic start. At least now, he's with God and Santa in a much happier place.

Amen.

Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'm an atheist, but Mrs Igzilla is probably more agnostic, but she was brought up CofE and was practising until she was nearly 20, so she still has a soft spot for Christingle and demands that we take Igzilla Jnr. *sigh* I go along as I know what's good for me, but I don't sing or pray and make a point of standing up and sitting down slightly out of time with everyone else.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm an atheist, but Mrs Igzilla is probably more agnostic, but she was brought up CofE and was practising until she was nearly 20, so she still has a soft spot for Christingle and demands that we take Igzilla Jnr. *sigh* I go along as I know what's good for me, but I don't sing or pray and make a point of standing up and sitting down slightly out of time with everyone else.

What about the holy communion?

Every loves a bit of wine.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I have no truck with the worshipping and the praising of deities, whether they have long white beards, wear a turban or have loads of arms, so won't be giving baby jeebus a thought. I will, however, will use the occasion to be with family and have a great time, without credit card companies and banks making a penny out of me. I will, also, not disagree with anyone who has a different opinion to me, if it brings happiness into peoples lives, then it's a good thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Christmas celebration frowned on these days in multi cultural England? The presents and the hype are fine but the religious side is a bit controversial.

No I won't be celebrating his birth or going to church, had enough of all that when I was at school thanks.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I was brought up CofE but am now agnostic. I'm fine with people celebrating their religious beliefs but find the commercial bolleaux that goes on for what seems like an eternity offensive.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Isn't Christmas celebration frowned on these days in multi cultural England? The presents and the hype are fine but the religious side is a bit controversial.

No I won't be celebrating his birth or going to church, had enough of all that when I was at school thanks.

Oh yes the government funded multi-cultural cr*p. Best not offend the tolerant and peaceful muslims had we (Somalia, Brunei and Saudia Arabia to name just 3 countries where celebrating Christmas is banned).

I would much rather have summer last forever than this time of year why couldn't the church have hijacked something else in the summer t***ers!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here