Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

weather forecasts

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do they ever get them right
useless twonks
clear blue skies all day ...............................then why the fqck is it p1ssing down

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I heard that the Met office forecasters get a bonus if they get a good percentage right , WTF , this is tax payers money that bought all this equipment !!!!

What gets me also is all these predictors that say it is going to be a very very cold winter this year or any year because a Russian crane lands early in the UK or some berry has come out early , why do we give these people the time of day !!!

Nice in Crawley today , just taken my jumper off :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
useless twonks
clear blue skies all day ...............................then why the fqck is it p1ssing down

Er I agree with the general point but they've been saying sunny today for over a week (we're having a new window fitted).

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
useless twonks

4 miles north of you as the seagull flies and we have had sunshine and blue skies since 9-00, not a drop of rain here

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Only locals can forecast the weather in Eastbourne Glas, It has it's own climate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
useless twonks

12 miles west of you blue sky and sunshine. I'm not sure which forecast you saw, they did say mainly dry, but with showers on BBC Breakfast. You're unlucky enough to have one of the showers.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
useless twonks

Pissing down here too. Set off in the sunshine for a six mile walk, but took a shortcut back. Soaked.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
12 miles west of you blue sky and sunshine. I'm not sure which forecast you saw, they did say mainly dry, but with showers on BBC Breakfast. You're unlucky enough to have one of the showers.
well all the forecasts we have seen have shown and said it will be clear blue skies
and if they were paid by results they would all be on the dole

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
easiest job ever isn't it? No repercussions for consistently getting your job wrong. just turn up, have a bash and not worry. Christ if I was wrong that often at work I wouldn't have a job

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Forecasters claim they can sort of predict weather patterns up to a week (at best) in advance while getting reasonably accurate results with a 24/48 hour forecast. I have no idea how how we move from this limited forecasting ability to predicting climate change for the next century. :shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Only locals can forecast the weather in Eastbourne Glas, It has it's own climate.

Residents of Eastbourne seem to talk about nothing else than weather.
My mum cannot hold a conversation with me when I call her without asking about the weather and what it is like in Eastbourne.
Once when I visited my parents they had a tradesman in who knew my parents, my dad introduced me to him saying "this is my son Raleigh he is visiting from Devon" his reply was "hello, come here for the weather have you?"
I replied "well I have not come her for the beautiful sandy beaches, clear sea and surfing"
He soon shut up.
I think Eastbourne is obsessed with a reasonably good sunshine record.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Glas, you'll be happy to know that we've now got a shower, but there's blue sky on the horizon so it will clear up very soon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
easiest job ever isn't it? No repercussions for consistently getting your job wrong. just turn up, have a bash and not worry. Christ if I was wrong that often at work I wouldn't have a job

All they ever have to say is "a chance of rain" and they're covered. Job done.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Most disgraceful waste of somebody's money, probably ours, is the global weather forecast on the BBC News Channel. Today there will be scattered showers in South East Asia. Australia will be mostly dry. Really?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Forecasters claim they can sort of predict weather patterns up to a week (at best) in advance while getting reasonably accurate results with a 24/48 hour forecast. I have no idea how how we move from this limited forecasting ability to predicting climate change for the next century. :shrug:

Because general trends are a little easier to predict than individual cases perhaps?

We're not trying to predict what the weather is going to be like on a specific day in 100 years time, just that the average weather/temperature conditions will be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here