Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumble bee

It's the 23rd of December and there's a bumble bee flying about in my garden.

Can't remember that ever happening before.

That is all.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there is something drastically wrong with the weather patterns, and not just here all over the world

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've noticed birds singing quite late into the evening. I wasn't sure if it was just me that doesn't remember this happening in mid-December or whether it is just another symptom of this ridiculous weather.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And where's the frost to kill those slimy little buggers eggs .... everything's going to get eaten next year !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
there is something drastically wrong with the weather patterns, and not just here all over the world

Yup. Big drought here, abnormally hot, hardly any thunderstorms but if there any it hails instead of rains. Farmers culling pregnant cows as they have no grass to eat, crops not planted as no water, water rationing at the coast etc. Not good. Next year is supposed to be even hotter.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Far too many weeds growing in my back garden for this time of year. Don't normally do any gardening October to March.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Far too many weeds growing in my back garden for this time of year. Don't normally do any gardening October to March.

I've solved that problem - get some chickens, they rake the soil to a fine grain which gets rid of weeds. The only small flaw in the plan is that the soil doesn't necessarily stay on the flower beds !

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I've solved that problem - get some chickens, they rake the soil to a fine grain which gets rid of weeds. The only small flaw in the plan is that the soil doesn't necessarily stay on the flower beds !

A friend at work has chickens and brings in some of the eggs every now and then. They are the very best!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I read that it's due to be 21-22c in New York in the next couple of days. It's normally 5c. We're DOOMED.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Feel sad for the bees that will be destroyed when we hit a cold patch, as will the daffs. But at least the fecking grass will stop growing!!

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I have baby strawberries on my strawberry plant and hubby cut the grass today. People in T shirts on the street and spotted an elderly couple sitting outside a pub eating their lunch today in Brighton... in December. Definitely odd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here