Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex pitch

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14162271.Hughton_worried_about_Amex_pitch/?ref=twt

I'm pleased someone senior has commented.

Personally I wish we relaid the b*stard and stopped over using it.

It's been getting progressively worse over the last half a dozen games and as Stephens comments in the link it's a bit sapping on the legs.

Would you let it ride out in the hope it gets better or relay now on the basis that if we get a prolonged colder snap (yes yes @unclespielberg I know) any repairs to the existing surface don't materialise.

I think it has impacted the way we play and would have done more if Rosenior had been playing as he overlaps more than Calde.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
The pitch is obviously wet due to all the rain during autumn and winter and as DS states is sapping the strength from the players legs - So why do they still insist on having the water jets before kick off and half time??

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The pitch is obviously wet due to all the rain during autumn and winter and as DS states is sapping the strength from the players legs - So why do they still insist on having the water jets before kick off and half time??

Quite right, you could see the ball slowing down really quickly against Middbro' leaving a track

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

The only reason they have the water jets before kick off is its funny to see someone warming up get soaked.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Maybe they've been going off on a daily basis without anyone checking?!

Also, on a more serious note, I'm more surprised how poor it is on the basis of us still having temperatures high enough to facilitate new growth alongside our super super uv assemblies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well they have a 22 day break in January to sort it out, unless we have an FA Cup replay with Hull.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe they've been going off on a daily basis without anyone checking?!

Also, on a more serious note, I'm more surprised how poor it is on the basis of us still having temperatures high enough to facilitate new growth alongside our super super uv assemblies.

The grow lights are on every night. You can see the reflection for miles around.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do seem to recall when this was mentioned previously that some people said our pitch was virtually untouchable and would, under no circumstances, be damaged due to overuse/rugby/reserves etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here