Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you trust Amazon Prime

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
had it for the first year and it was OK, but found that most of the small stuff is postage free anyway.
the first year we had a load of really big heavy stuff and it was a good saving

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...to deliver tomorrow if you ordered today?

(Christmas shopping barely begun here)

I don't think so, no. Just TOO late. Put on your chain mail, have a strong drink, and get yourself into Churchill Square :eek:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes.

Good man.

I take it that the plan to do the shopping after a "quick further pint" in the pub after the 'Boro game didn't quite work out then?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Usually they're pretty good and I've done most of my Christmas shopping through Amazon. However recently of my 3 parcels have been "lost with the courier", which has soured things a little bit and made me very suspicious of the guy (it's always the same courier). Amazon were great and gave me 30 days free Prime for each parcel, as well as sending them out to be delivered the following day.....but in this instance that wouldn't be of any use!

So I'd give it a go and just blame Amazon if it all goes wrong!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yes and no. We have Amazon Prime and they really are very good, IF it's their own stuff distributed from their warehouse. However if it's items that are through a 3rd party seller listed as Prime, I've found these take a day longer which I think is wrong and shouldn't be advertised as Prime, but thats not the question. When you order or look at the items, it does give you the delivery day, and if sold by Amazon, or Company ABC through Amazon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes. I made an order using FREE SUPER SAVER delivery on Sunday. It all arrived yesterday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes.

Good man.

I take it that the plan to do the shopping after a "quick further pint" in the pub after the 'Boro game didn't quite work out then?

The flaw in my cunning plan was that the shops weren't open at midnight.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Amazon vouchers delivered to peoples email is the answer - then you can do it at 1 minute to midnight on Christmas Eve

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No. I ordered something on 17th November which stated delivery by 17th December. I'm still waiting.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Brighton is still quiet at the moment. Shopping Tuesday was easy and the car parks right now still look empty. I think today is grocery shopping day so avoid the supermarkets.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brighton is still quiet at the moment. Shopping Tuesday was easy and the car parks right now still look empty. I think today is grocery shopping day so avoid the supermarkets.

The pubs last night were heaving even at 5pm as were all the shops in North Laine.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Many of you are missing the word 'prime' in his question. Next day is guaranteed 9/10 in my experience. That's pretty good odds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here