Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting Hitler

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Did anyone else watch this eight part series on the H2 channel?

I was very dubious at first, but by following up on recently unclassified CIA documents, that seemed to indicate that Hitler may not have died in the Fuhrer bunker, the team seemed to be making headway.

Start - Fuhrer Bunker > newly discovered tunnels leading to airport > landing site in northern Spain > Spanish port where U boats were seen after end of war > Secret submarine base on Gran Canaria > Submarine drop off & scuttling in Argentina > Safe houses in Argentina > Safe house in Brazil > Plane pushed into swamp Bogota, Columbia - End

Along the way, in Spain, Gran Canaria, Argentina, and Brazil old folk were found who, apparently, saw Hitler in the flesh and testified to this.

All very promising until, in the last episode, the ex CIA man masterminding the hunt said that the reason for Hitler moving to Bogota was that he was trying to start the Fourth Reich and wanted to launch nuclear missles at the USA, all because "It was the USA that defeated the Third Reich" and he wanted revenge.

FFS - Eight hours of my life wasted

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, I watched it.

It started off ok and then went a bit bonkers I thought. The bit where the hotel in Argentina had tunnels linking the hotel to the owners house was used as proof that Hitler must have stayed there, based on the fact that one person says he was at a private ballet show, was the bit where I thought their links got just a tad too far fetched.

It was interesting though, but they did not find any definite proof, just lots of heresay and some magnificent leaps based on speculation.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
No.

Sounds gash.

The escaping from Berlin part was perfectly plausible, as was the UBoat from Spain to Argentina (loads of UBoats disappeared towards the end of the war apparently). After that it all went rather, well, gash.

The other thing is that they could have condensed 8 hours into 2 quite easily - it is another one of these modern made shows that are sooo slow, essentially to fill a gap in the schedule.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I used to love all that stuff. Remember James Burk, and his flights of logical fancy, connecting up coincidences, back in the 70s (possinly not)? I appreciate that 8 hours was excessive, but were you really hoping they would go 'ta da!' at the end of the last episode, 'and here is the man himself'? :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My god, that sounds f**king AWFUL.

No offence but I'd be embarrassed to be caught watching that kind of trash if one of our cats walked into the room, let alone freely admit it on here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Curse of Oak Island however....... :)

Its a bit Dan Brown in places, but i love a good treasure hunt

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is supposed to be a photo of old Hitler:

hitler2.jpg

This link is supposed to be the photo of him dead, which doesn't look like him at all. http://www.history.com/s3static/vid..._of_Hitlers_Death_Speech_SF_still_624x352.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I survive on NCIS, CSI (all the flavours), Law and Order, Friends, Big Bang Theory, 2 1/2 men, Walking Dead, and Supersports 1 to 7, but not 4 because that's like schoolboys' football!

Watch Big Bang Theory and Friends out of that lot, even though we have seen all the Friends episodes at least 3 times. BBC Brit is utter shite, BBC First is alright but too many repeats.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What else would you suggest watching? Please see www.dstv.com for tonight's televisual extravaganza in Southern Africa. I am happy to be guided

I'm glad you asked: the BBC programme about the making of Dad's Army sounds like it could be awful but was superb. And John Sessions playing Arthur Lowe was so brilliant as to be nothing short of spooky.

Whatever happened to John Sessions? His impressions used to KILL me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
More plausible is that it was perhaps rich Nazis escaping capture than Hitler.

This sounds about right lots of Nazis would have seen the writing on the wall and would have had plan b.
It has also gone quiete on the disappearance of Nazi Gold train in Poland . Lost gold in the Austrain mountains. I think most of it is in Swiss Banks.:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here