Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabby Agbonlahor for sale

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just said on SSN he is to be sold in January. Apart from the usual wages issue, could he be a possibility? Probably be a few PL teams interested but he can't get in the matchday squad of the team bottom of the league. Terrible barren run at the moment but has scored roughly 1 in 4 in the top league.

Is he PL, Championship or overseas bound?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
10 goals in 72 Prem matches over the last 2 1/2 seasons. He'll be 30 next birthday. It looks like the Championship is beckoning, you could see Wolves selling Benik Afobe and bringing Agbonlahor in as replacement.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
10 goals in 72 Prem matches over the last 2 1/2 seasons. He'll be 30 next birthday. It looks like the Championship is beckoning, you could see Wolves selling Benik Afobe and bringing Agbonlahor in as replacement.

Only 30 ? He looked like a 40 year old the last time I saw him play.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No. There simply wouldn't be enough end product to justify the huge wages. That and he's just not very good.

theboybilly

While seemingly enjoying goodwill from the Villa faithful throughout his career Agbonlahor hasn't really done much. He sneaked quietly into the England set-up without much fanfare then faded just as quickly. I'd rather have what we've got now

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If I'm honest, I don't really know how good he is as I don't follow the PL that closely but he seemed to score a few a while back. Didn't know if he was another Bent. Looks like it is a no from the Brighton Jury.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My Villa season ticket holding family say (paraphrased) "you've got to be joking...he's lost it".
Note: I removed the expletives because it became somewhat excessive. Mind you they rate him infinitely better than Sanchez who they reckon Villa will struggle to give away. :lolol:

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Apparently he's on around 60k a week, factor in any any purchase related costs and it could add up to a large cost for very little return - definitely not the striker that could take us to the next level.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Had a good spell under Sherwood when they played two up top, caused a lot of problems for teams. Wouldn't break the bank for him but would certainly take him if wages could be agreed.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

Wouldn't mind seeing us splash out on Afobe though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Champ standard with better days behind him. Much better out there on those wages or less I'm sure. Plus we do have FOUR decent strikers assuming loan sticks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here