Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay United.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So sad. Had a bit of a soft spot for the Gulls, after reading Garry Nelson's wonderful book Left Foot Forward.

I hope they come through this.
Left Foot in the Grave was about his time at Torquay. It was a good read.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is ,Plymouth turned Truro down and there is no other Conference graded grounds in Cornwall.

The journey from Truro to Torquay is probably quickest (just) going via Plymouth. I wonder why they turned them down. Surely not still aggrieved at Truro's ex chairman (Kevin Heaney) getting involved in Plymouth's financial woes a few years back. He nearly brought both clubs down in the process.

I'm guessing you weren't suggesting that either Plymouth or Torquay are in Cornwall. It reads a bit like you were!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The journey from Truro to Torquay is probably quickest (just) going via Plymouth. I wonder why they turned them down. Surely not still aggrieved at Truro's ex chairman (Kevin Heaney) getting involved in Plymouth's financial woes a few years back. He nearly brought both clubs down in the process.

I'm guessing you weren't suggesting that either Plymouth or Torquay are in Cornwall. It reads a bit like you were!
No i know my Geography,there are no other Conference standard Grounds in Cornwall other than Truro's hence the move over the border.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I remember the cup match in 2010. The ref tried to call off the game despite both managers saying they were happy with the pitch. Apparently one side line was still frozen. The game was finally given the go ahead at 2pm with all the fans standing outside shivering. We won 1-0 Crofts.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I remember a very cold New Year's day game there some years ago. Scruffy Neville Southall was immense in their goal. Best of luck to them
This was my coldest ever away game
(My wettest was Bournemouth)

D

Deleted User X18H

It is ,Plymouth turned Truro down and there is no other Conference graded grounds in Cornwall.

As of yesterday and around a 1000 years prior to that Plymouth is in Devon. Saltash is in Cornwall.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember a very cold New Year's day game there some years ago. Scruffy Neville Southall was immense in their goal. Best of luck to them

I remember that. He looked like he'd eating the entire team's Christmas puddings and mince pies but was still too good for us. Hope Torquay get back on their feet, but it doesn't look good for them

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Had an amazing weekend in Torquay.

Football was crap but we picked a top nightclub. I lost a gram of coke somewhere although had five incredible ecstasy pills. Those were the days.....:mad:

Best wishes to Torquay United. Hope they get back on their feet. Lovely place with lovely fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here