Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torquay United.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So sad. Had a bit of a soft spot for the Gulls, after reading Garry Nelson's wonderful book Left Foot Forward.

I hope they come through this.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The player,s used their own cars to drive Chester and back,say,s it all just to keep the club going.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
When I was doing 'the 92' back in the late 1980s, Plainmoor was my 91st ground (my 92nd being Oxford United), so I kind of have a sentimental soft spot for small, remote, underachieving, teams like Torquay.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Such a shame that despite the beautiful game being ever popular in the UK that there are millions every week who would prefer to watch Jeff Stelling than go out and watch live football.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Remember seeing Helen Chemberlain at Withdean back in the day. She was pretty hot in her Torquay top. Good luck to them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember a very cold New Year's day game there some years ago. Scruffy Neville Southall was immense in their goal. Best of luck to them

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Weirdly, my two visits to Plainmoor have both been to see Crawley. I hope to visit supporting the Albion one day.

Hope they can keep it going.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No way? That's a hell of a long way.

Further than our trips to Gillingham. But it's only because Truro's new stadium won't be ready in time for the new season - that's at least been approved now, but you know how things go...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Remember seeing Helen Chemberlain at Withdean back in the day. She was pretty hot in her Torquay top. Good luck to them.

Remember her in The Cricketers pub in Gillingham when we played Torquay, my mate said to her "bloody hell I was knocking one out over you this morning watching you on tv and now you are asking me what do you think the score will be today ! " she left not long after !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is no longer a right to retain league status, and mismanaged clubs will suffer and drop down to a level which their finances can support. While people may have a soft spot for this or that club, it is the way things are today.

On the flip side, the situation at Torquay and other ex-league clubs that have dropped our of the league, opens the door for others to walk through and progress such as Burton Albion and others.

While it may be a long way back clubs can recover and start the climb back towards league football.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is Courtney Richards (ex-Albion DS) still at Torquay?
Not quite good enough but a real solid hard grafting player who gave 100% every game.
Started with us as a centre forward but converted to central midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here