Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was our last sell-out midweek match at the Goldstone?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Looking at [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION]'s excellent retro stadium threads had me wondering when our last sell-out evening match was at the Goldstone. Would it have been the Man U cup game/Beckham debut in '92?

I was in the south east corner and went mental when we scored and a bloke in a NASA bomber jacket properly saved me from a kicking by a load of cockney Mancs. Never did get to say thanks properly. If you're reading this I owe you a pint.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION]'s excellent retro stadium threads had me wondering when our last sell-out evening match was at the Goldstone. Would it have been the Man U cup game/Beckham debut in '92?

I was in the south east corner and went mental when we scored and a bloke in a NASA bomber jacket properly saved me from a kicking by a load of cockney Mancs. Never did get to say thanks properly. If you're reading this I owe you a pint.

Was the Liverpool Cup replay 92? (actually 90-91 probably)

Just knowing you are still an Albion fan is reward enough for me son.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could be as far back as Derby in the League Cup run.

Alternatively you could argue that the replayed York game which was open to season ticket holders only with the North Stand only open was a sell out, given no other tickets were available.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

When do YOU want to BUY me it then ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it Sunday as I know the 2nd leg was away on Tuesday. I may be wrong but thought the legs wereThursday and Monday and then Friday and Tuesday

There's no MAY about it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not a league or cup game, but a testimonial match for Jimmy Case v Liverpool.
Monday 17 October 94, attendance 15,645 and I'm sure I heard some fans were locked out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here