Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harper on fire for reserves today

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Given the current injury situation, surely worth a place in the squad in the next couple of games?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Any chance we might see this kid on the bench in next few weeks?

Today was only his second game for the development squad wasn't it?, and after a long injury lay off.

So no, I don't think he will be properly risked for the 1st team squad until next season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
4th or 5th game I think ..... He's been fit for at least a couple of months

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Today was only his second game for the development squad wasn't it?, and after a long injury lay off.

So no, I don't think he will be properly risked for the 1st team squad until next season.

He's featured in the last 8 games for the u21s

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What was the extent of his injury which has taken so long to get back to fitness?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Got to be worth a place on the bench. Our bench on Saturday was too defensive. Just Bobby and Manu , who seems to be last resort. Amazed Harper or Tilley was not given a place.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could possibly play against Hull in the cup game?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Even if this was correct, why would it take a further 8 months before he'd be considered on the bench?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure he was on fire - played well but helped by a keeper who kept pushing the ball out when saving. Tilly impressed me - he looked like a stronger March and got a decent cross on every time. Without a teamsheet, I had to go on player's calls to pick up who was who and had Harper down as the 8 for a while when he was actually 10. Very pleased as the 8 was average whereas the 10 was lively.

After that, I watched him closely and he seemed very assured and had a good game but didn't look head and shoulders above a pretty poor Fulham side. Was blowing a bit but lasted the game and was encouraging to watch. First time I have seen the U21s for quite a few years and the standard wasn't as high as I imagined but horrendous weather played a big part. Our right back had a shocker and the keeper overplayed and played defenders into trouble more than Stockdale.

They seem to play the same as the front side - lots of possession with quick balls into the channel/outside to the wings with fluid 4-4-2 with rotating midfielders and full backs pushing on whilst covered by CMs. Fulham had probably 4 attacks and scored 3 - the first a woeful back pass. We tested their keeper a few times but no great saves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here