Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Chilwell

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well, with three of the Premier League big boys reportedly interested, as well as Derby, I don't think our chances of landing him would be great, but then who knows?

At least he would be assured of regular first team football here, at least until Gaetan Bong returns from injury. Time will tell I guess.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If we are serious about pushing on our wage bill will go through the roof next season anyway. Don't agree with it but it's a fact. As a result the demands from players of the standard we need to bring in will be that much higher.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Exciting news. If he's half as good as the Hudds fans say then I must admit I'm excited. 18 is very young too, which would bring the average age of our defence down dramatically!

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
An 18 year old full back will not command vast wages on the fringe of a PL team. We would not have to pay all his wages anyway, depending on the deal struck. Certainly guaranteed a place in the team until February at least.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We can pay PL wages if we get there, we can't start paying them now

Ultimately it all comes down to how desperate we are to reach the Premier League. I know that I am. If we need to pay these vastly inflated wages to get there, then I'm afraid we will need to do it.

If that's ok with you Mr.Bloom?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ultimately it all comes down to how desperate we are to reach the Premier League. I know that I am. If we need to pay these vastly inflated wages to get there, then I'm afraid we will need to do it.

If that's ok with you Mr.Bloom?

There's an.element of both view points. If we're aiming for the premier league though, the markets we will be shopping in will involve premier league wages or at least wages above those we are used to paying.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is the last thing we should do. Paying Premier league wages outside the premier league will result in going bust and a plummet down the leagues. It has taken us nearly twenty years to get back to competing to be in the top flight again lets not just spunk our chances away. That is such a short sighted and, frankly, stupid thing to suggest.

I wasn't advocating parting with the Bloom family silver, and risking bankrupting the club! Merely, if necessary paying that bit extra, to make sure quality players choose our club, over any other interested parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here