Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87
  1. #1
    Members
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,680

    Banged up abroad


    0 Not allowed!
    Anyone got any experience of this?

    A few months back on a lads trip I had an unfortunate alcohol related incident & got arrested. Having paid a lot of bail, I'd forgotten about it & the money.

    I've now had a letter with the appetising choice of 4 months in jail or a v large fine.. this isn't from a ton pot country that will forget about it / lose the paperwork I'm sure.

    Any advice / tips?

    Merry Christmas!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      HellBilly Psychobilly freakout's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Brighton factually.....
      Posts
      13,671


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone got any experience of this?

      A few months back on a lads trip I had an unfortunate alcohol related incident & got arrested. Having paid a lot of bail, I'd forgotten about it & the money.

      I've now had a letter with the appetising choice of 4 months in jail or a v large fine.. this isn't from a ton pot country that will forget about it / lose the paperwork I'm sure.

      Any advice / tips?

      Merry Christmas!
      Not a ton pot country you say....

      hmmmm....

      your not going back there then are you, if it's EU then that may have implications, if it is the USA they will not let you back in, worse still arrest you at the airport although I doubt it's the USA as they don't usually offer cash or prison option.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
    • #3
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      55,066


      0 Not allowed!
      This sounds like an interesting tale. We need details.

      Shirley as long as you don't visit said country again, you'll be in the clear. Can't see you getting extradited to face jail unless you've done something truly HEINOUS over there.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #4
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,790


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone got any experience of this?

      A few months back on a lads trip I had an unfortunate alcohol related incident & got arrested. Having paid a lot of bail, I'd forgotten about it & the money.

      I've now had a letter with the appetising choice of 4 months in jail or a v large fine.. this isn't from a ton pot country that will forget about it / lose the paperwork I'm sure.

      Any advice / tips?

      Merry Christmas!
      Obvious maybe, but get legal advice from a lawyer who knows that country's laws. Ignoring it could have significant long term impact if you ever plan to travel abroad (not just where it happened) from entry refusal to arrest/detention. Good luck.......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #5
      Native Creative Biscuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      21,800


      0 Not allowed!
      Come on, what country are we talking about..
    • #6

      1 Not allowed!
      I opened this thinking it was a thread about an unwanted pregnancy........
      "He scores with his face......."
    • #7
      Members Paul Reids Sock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Paul Reids boot
      Posts
      4,283


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Come on, what country are we talking about..
      Not just that - what did he do?

      A group of us nearly got in trouble in Teneriffe many moons ago.Luckily we had made friends with a local and when he spoke to the Police and said we were with him they let us go.

      To be fair, all we had done was run up a massive fountain infront of one of the swanky hotels because it looked a bit like a pyramid
      -- he shot, he scored, his mental age is 4...--
    • #8
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      1,680


      0 Not allowed!
      It was Germany.

      Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

      I'd quite like to go back & I'd quite like to not pay.

      I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..
    • #9
      HellBilly Psychobilly freakout's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Brighton factually.....
      Posts
      13,671


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was Germany.

      Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

      I'd quite like to go back & I'd quite like to not pay.

      I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..
      Your fecked
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
    • #10
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,790


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was Germany.

      Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

      I'd quite like to go back & I'd quite like to not pay.

      I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..
      Dunno if this helps

      https://www.fairtrials.org/arrested-...ed-in-germany/
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •