Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banged up abroad

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone got any experience of this?

A few months back on a lads trip I had an unfortunate alcohol related incident & got arrested. Having paid a lot of bail, I'd forgotten about it & the money.

I've now had a letter with the appetising choice of 4 months in jail or a v large fine.. this isn't from a ton pot country that will forget about it / lose the paperwork I'm sure.

Any advice / tips?

Merry Christmas!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

A few months back on a lads trip I had an unfortunate alcohol related incident & got arrested. Having paid a lot of bail, I'd forgotten about it & the money.

I've now had a letter with the appetising choice of 4 months in jail or a v large fine.. this isn't from a ton pot country that will forget about it / lose the paperwork I'm sure.

Any advice / tips?

Merry Christmas!

Not a ton pot country you say....

hmmmm....

your not going back there then are you, if it's EU then that may have implications, if it is the USA they will not let you back in, worse still arrest you at the airport although I doubt it's the USA as they don't usually offer cash or prison option.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This sounds like an interesting tale. We need details.

Shirley as long as you don't visit said country again, you'll be in the clear. Can't see you getting extradited to face jail unless you've done something truly HEINOUS over there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Any advice / tips?

Merry Christmas!

Obvious maybe, but get legal advice from a lawyer who knows that country's laws. Ignoring it could have significant long term impact if you ever plan to travel abroad (not just where it happened) from entry refusal to arrest/detention. Good luck.......

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I opened this thinking it was a thread about an unwanted pregnancy........

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Come on, what country are we talking about..

Not just that - what did he do?

A group of us nearly got in trouble in Teneriffe many moons ago.Luckily we had made friends with a local and when he spoke to the Police and said we were with him they let us go.

To be fair, all we had done was run up a massive fountain infront of one of the swanky hotels because it looked a bit like a pyramid

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It was Germany.

Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

I'd quite like to go back & I'd quite like to not pay.

I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was Germany.

Having witnessed this obnoxious yank verbally & then attempt to physically sexually assault a girl, I intervened & tko'd him..

I can't appeal, as I'd have to go back for the case & my star witness (the girl) is also in the states..

Your fecked

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It was Germany.

So you've been sentenced without it even going to trial?

Sounds like an odd way of doing it. I know the Germans are very strict on public forms of violence (not football violence bizarrely) but that doesn't sound very fair. Either way if I were you I'd do whatever it takes to avoid 4 months bird.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So you've been sentenced without it even going to trial?

Sounds like an odd way of doing it. I know the Germans are very strict on public forms of violence (not football violence bizarrely) but that doesn't sound very fair. Either way if I were you I'd do whatever it takes to avoid 4 months bird.

Very much this - not being an expert on law (let along German law)

It does seem very odd that you have seemingly been found guilty without the chance to stand trial.

Did you receive any other letters that you forgot about/threw away etc. asking you to attend court?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They are alot better than they used to be that's for sure....

The cells don't look too bad to be fair...

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 899

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I banged up several broads..especially in Germany. Only one (US fruitcake) said she was pregnant, then said she wasn't.

Then told me to leave town when she dumped me for a fellow Yank. In the US Army...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It was Germany.

Was there a referee?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was Germany.

Interesting. The only advise I can offer is to get professional advise and don't try and be smart. I don't think they'll forget this.

As an aside I witnessed a car crash some time ago, gave my details and forgot about it. 18 months later I received a letter asking me to contact the police station. I foolishly ignored it to then receive a second letter asking me to attend a police station at a specific date and time. This date and time was pretty much non-negotiable. I faced arrest if I ignored it. And I was just a witness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here