Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho to Man U

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hardly a scoop, the papers (including the broadsheets) have been on about it all weekend, even before they got humped by Naarch.

It'll probably happen in January.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hardly a scoop, the papers (including the broadsheets) have been on about it all weekend, even before they got humped by Naarch.

It'll probably happen in January.

Probably, LVG is a dead man walking. Just hope he wasn't watching JW on Saturday with a view to a recall......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was being discussed through the weekend. The general belief is that there are two factions within United, one who'd welcome him (including Sir Alex Ferguson) and one who wants him nowhere near the club (including Sir bobby charlton).

Previously he was dismissed as an option, but as pointed out by the journo on Sunday supplement, at that time United were a juggernaut and could be choosy. They were winners with success in their hands and the power to push on. They are now a team that don't have success (relatively), don't look like they can easily achieve, and would benefit form a Mourinho-type.

There is also the issue of manager-in-waiting Ryan Giggs, and whether he'd be willing to wait/mourinho would work with him/the club upset the fans by off loading him

But ultimately, it apparently comes down to Bobby Charlton and if he can be convinced/ignored.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was being discussed through the weekend. The general belief is that there are two factions within United, one who'd welcome him (including Sir Alex Ferguson) and one who wants him nowhere near the club (including Sir bobby charlton).

Previously he was dismissed as an option, but as pointed out by the journo on Sunday supplement, at that time United were a juggernaut and could be choosy. They were winners with success in their hands and the power to push on. They are now a team that don't have success (relatively), don't look like they can easily achieve, and would benefit form a Mourinho-type.

There is also the issue of manager-in-waiting Ryan Giggs, and whether he'd be willing to wait/mourinho would work with him/the club upset the fans by off loading him

But ultimately, it apparently comes down to Bobby Charlton and if he can be convinced/ignored.

I can't believe the Glaziers would be dictated to by dear old Bob. They're the ones with the hand on the tiller - if they want Mourinho, they'll go after him. The fact that Charlton doesn't like him is neither here nor there. He's just a figurehead.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Probably, LVG is a dead man walking. Just hope he wasn't watching JW on Saturday with a view to a recall......

If Jose was watching JW then, I suggest, that game on Saturday was the best possible time for him to watch him.

It would worry me more if JW had a great game and scored a hat trick.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There has also been talk that Jose could be the next England manager if as usual England under perform in the Euro's next year. That would probably be the end of Hodgson's reign.

Could be an interesting choice.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Mourinho goes to Man Utd....Mourinho doesn't go to Man Utd....Either way I don't give a scintilla of a shit. Hope this is helpful.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the subject Mourinho, I was sent this for a laugh, me not laughing!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20151220-WA0005-1.jpg
    IMG-20151220-WA0005-1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 648

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What is it about all these Managers who manage the top clubs around Europe. They seem to hop on and off the never ending merry go round of jobs with the tops clubs. It seems when they fail somewhere it is no barrier to another big club taking them on and indeed, actively go out and head hunting them.

When you fail further down the line you usually end up starting again at a slightly lower level until you build a reputation again for yourself but not the big clubs. It's no wonder so much money is wasted in football.

I think it was Fergus Mc Cann who was Celtic Chairman at the time who said ''When you have an employee who is a problematic employee. It never ceases to amaze me how many clubs seem to be queuing up to take them off your hands''

Seems the problematic Mourinho, people are queuing up for him. I was looking forward to saying good riddance to bad rubbish and here I find we might get his arrogance all over again in the Press. This time it will probably be a lot worse because he might arguably be going to an even bigger club than what he was at before.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On the subject Mourinho, I was sent this for a laugh, me not laughing!!

attachment.php

Are you not laughing because 'Brighton' goes from singular to plural in one sentence? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here