Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro Forum typical response

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It seemingly takes only one heavy defeat to blur the judgement. I've now read everything from a) We were gutless and 'rolled over' b) We played for the draw - and Boro played for a win c) We've been lucky all season and we had this coming.

All utter clap-trap.

Really, aren't we allowed one ***** bad day in five months?

We conceded very early against the best team in the division and sadly our injury-ravaged team just lacked that quality and guile to get back into the game.

Gutless? Rolling over? Playing for draws? Please, some people, READ what you say before you post it....

That just about expresses my own view on it.

We have gone very nearly half the season unbeaten. If we can do similar for the second half, or maintain a suitable points tally, we're in the mix.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
There there Brighton, you little scamps *ruffles hair*

That's effectively what Boro are saying.
Hate it.

Not what I am hearing mate, I am a Boro season ticket holder and week in week out all the talk has been about you guys, you have earnt respect for the formidable start you have had to the season.

I can tell you that after the game on Saturday there was a huge sigh of relief, I think we got you at exactly the right time for us and the wrong time for you....this season is tight... one result doesn't really change that and I still think that with a little luck with your injury list you will be there or there about.

Hopefully Boro brighton and derby in that order at the end of the season and I hate to say this but if we didn't make it I would still be wishing you well and hope you can...good luck guys.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We were bound to get beaten one day. Two very hard away games before and the mounting injuries have taken their toll. Just look at the side now to when we were outplaying teams.
We may have got by against a mid table side but we lost to one of two sides that have the strongest squad in the Championship.
Hopefully we can get through the next month unscathed and in the mix and enjoy the results when we get the 6 players fit again.
Let us not forget our team has been eroded nearly every week now.....keep the faith.

Im keeping the faith :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It seemingly takes only one heavy defeat to blur the judgement. I've now read everything from a) We were gutless and 'rolled over' b) We played for the draw - and Boro played for a win c) We've been lucky all season and we had this coming.

All utter clap-trap.

Really, aren't we allowed one ***** bad day in five months?

We conceded very early against the best team in the division and sadly our injury-ravaged team just lacked that quality and guile to get back into the game.

Gutless? Rolling over? Playing for draws? Please, some people, READ what you say before you post it....

One thing you may have not read was an Argus comment calling for the sacking of Hughton.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Not what I am hearing mate, I am a Boro season ticket holder and week in week out all the talk has been about you guys, you have earnt respect for the formidable start you have had to the season.

I can tell you that after the game on Saturday there was a huge sigh of relief, I think we got you at exactly the right time for us and the wrong time for you....this season is tight... one result doesn't really change that and I still think that with a little luck with your injury list you will be there or there about.

Hopefully Boro brighton and derby in that order at the end of the season and I hate to say this but if we didn't make it I would still be wishing you well and hope you can...good luck guys.

cheers fridge, hope we both make it.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
One thing you may have not read was an Argus comment calling for the sacking of Hughton.

Not terribly surprised. This era of shiny new stadiums and an obsession with 'fan experience' has plenty of upside. But sadly it has also attracted a new breed of modern fan who's incredulous at the mere hint its adopted team isn't the champions of Europe. Or unbeaten in 22 league games.

We have no hope of matching our first season record, simply because it is extraordinary and unprecedented. In comparison, our second half can only be a disaster in the eyes of these 'fans'. This has benefits. Hopefully they will blow up in contempt and exasperation and scuttle back to where they came from....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't agree with the "rolled over" comment. Boro were MILES better than any other side we've faced this season. They would've comfortably beaten anyone in the champ on that performance, including Derby and Hull. They pretty much didn't put a foot wrong in attack or defence. We were tired after 2 tough aways in a row and a huge amount of injuries. Absolutely no shame whatsoever and I think "rolled over" is a very harsh way to describe it.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Respect to Boro. We are going to need 2 or 3 decent signings in January to keep up with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here