Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro Forum typical response

Jpk2412

Dec 20, 2015
The Brighton fans are a great bunch, despite seeing their side get soundly beaten there wasn't any bitterness. They were as friendly and helpful as they were before the game and full of praise for both our performance and our fans. They truly are a credit to their club.
If only all trips away were like it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perfect day out for them, we rolled over and let them steamroller us. I am sure they were expecting a bit more from the unbeaten Albion, I know I was :down:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We were bound to get beaten one day. Two very hard away games before and the mounting injuries have taken their toll. Just look at the side now to when we were outplaying teams.
We may have got by against a mid table side but we lost to one of two sides that have the strongest squad in the Championship.
Hopefully we can get through the next month unscathed and in the mix and enjoy the results when we get the 6 players fit again.
Let us not forget our team has been eroded nearly every week now.....keep the faith.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It's very, very easy to be magnanimous when you've humped the opposition. I don't think they'd have had so many positive comments if the boot was on the other foot and they'd be thrashed on their longest away trip of the season.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's very, very easy to be magnanimous when you've humped the opposition. I don't think they'd have had so many positive comments if the boot was on the other foot and they'd be thrashed on their longest away trip of the season.

I know I'm not complying with the NSC Christmas spirit, but I think they were just being naturally nice and appreciative and that wouldn't have changed if they had been beaten, as Wolves were a two or three seasons back when we tipped them over the edge.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Brighton fans are a great bunch, despite seeing their side get soundly beaten there wasn't any bitterness. They were as friendly and helpful as they were before the game and full of praise for both our performance and our fans. They truly are a credit to their club.
If only all trips away were like it.

I worry sometimes that we are a bit too flippin' nice, but you are right I would go to more away games if I didn't feel like I was going to be killed and eaten by the locals...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I know I'm not complying with the NSC Christmas spirit, but I think they were just being naturally nice and appreciative and that wouldn't have changed if they had been beaten, as Wolves were a two or three seasons back when we tipped them over the edge.

They were indeed. Especially when we gave a good rendition of you let down your fans

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Quite frankly I would have rather they left thoroughly pissed off having hated the day, the ground, our fans, the pies but most of all our team.

They did look a good side mind.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
It helps that they played good football rather than constant cheating and diving unlike many sides in the Championship.
Yes they really played too the true spirit of the game. No time wasting throughout, nothing nasty...a nice change to the Bristol Citys of the league which we have endured here at the Amex

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes they really played too the true spirit of the game. No time wasting throughout, nothing nasty...a nice change to the Bristol Citys of the league which we have endured here at the Amex

I imagine they may have played for time if we had shown any capability to make a game of it. They ran the game from beginning to end.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Perfect day out for them, we rolled over and let them steamroller us.

Did we?

And there was me thinking we worked tirelessly, but a nasty injury list coupled with a difficult run of fixtures took its toll on the day.

For me, we were outdone, but not outclassed. Our defending from corners was about as bad as it's ever been - Nothing to suggest we 'rolled over' at all!

Did we?

And there was me thinking we worked tirelessly, but a nasty injury list coupled with a difficult run of fixtures took its toll on the day.

For me, we were outdone, but not outclassed. Our defending from corners was about as bad as it's ever been - Nothing to suggest we 'rolled over' at all!

Didn't have to roll over as we started face down in the grass with our shorts round our ankles!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Did we?

I thought heads were down from the moment the first goal went in and at no stage did I think we looked like we had the energy or guile to make a game of it. I totally accept it was probably due to the injuries and fatigue from the previous two games but yes I did think we rolled over because of it.:shrug:

I also though Boro had one of those days where just about everything they tried came off and the ball bounced very kindly for them.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It seemingly takes only one heavy defeat to blur the judgement. I've now read everything from a) We were gutless and 'rolled over' b) We played for the draw - and Boro played for a win c) We've been lucky all season and we had this coming.

All utter clap-trap.

Really, aren't we allowed one ***** bad day in five months?

We conceded very early against the best team in the division and sadly our injury-ravaged team just lacked that quality and guile to get back into the game.

Gutless? Rolling over? Playing for draws? Please, some people, READ what you say before you post it....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I imagine they may have played for time if we had shown any capability to make a game of it. They ran the game from beginning to end.

I'm beginning to think you post to seek attention ..its just one negative after another ..still at least you bothered to go Saturday...Middlesbrough fans were chanting ''we can see u sneaking out'' at the East around 85 min..was that you lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here