Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 Headed goals against in 3 games

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
All 3 against Middlesbrough (without watching back, at minimum 3 headers in the box we lost)
Austin on Tuesday
Johnsons goal Derby.

4 goals conceded at corners.

Discuss.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure what's to discuss. We have conceded 5 headed goals in 3 games. 4 from corners. We must defend better

I think Dunk will be back in the team after his rashness

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Not sure what's to discuss. We have conceded 5 headed goals in 3 games. 4 from corners. We must defend better

To phrase it another way, why have we become shithouse in the air at the back or has it always been this way? Are we defending corners differently or have we been done by teams with the Adams family up front?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
To phrase it another way, why have we become shithouse in the air at the back or has it always been this way? Are we defending corners differently or have we been done by teams with the Adams family up front?

More to the point - when was the last time we scored from a corner? Or got a corner further than their full-backs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's a bit worrying. Def a weakness of Hune but mainly cos he's not tall enough. I've not watched the goals from Sat back but I believe Hune should've done better with the first - Greer the second - Not a clue for the third -
Worrying though...

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
If I was opposing manager I would be informing my team to shoot often and from distance, win corners and set pieces its Brightons weakness.

Which from our perspective should be easy to fix.

Burnley dunk gave away a pen from corner.

I

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I was opposing manager I would be informing my team to shoot often and from distance, win corners and set pieces its Brightons weakness.

Which from our perspective should be easy to fix.

Burnley dunk gave away a pen from corner.

I

I am surprised we haven't conceded more penalties given how our defenders seem to think wrapping your arms around a player and wrestling with him is the way to defend set pieces. You'd also think with CH, Calderwood and Jones coaching we'd be quite good at defending :shrug:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I am surprised we haven't conceded more penalties given how our defenders seem to think wrapping your arms around a player and wrestling with him is the way to defend set pieces. You'd also think with CH, Calderwood and Jones coaching we'd be quite good at defending :shrug:

Totally agree.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here